IRSS with Win 8.1 on Intel NUC (Broadwell) (1 Viewer)

raf

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
I can't get an MCE blaster to work, IRSS detects it correctly, when I use the debug client it detects the Microsoft MCE and tells me "Response, Success, BlastIR" so it seems to believe it's working but I get no blast no red flash, I plug the same gear into my Win 8.1 desktop install IRSS and it works fine with exactly the same responses from the Debug Client

raf

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
It appears the Intel NUC has an inbuilt eHome IR Transceiver without blaster so it seems IRSS is using that, is there a away to tell IRSS to use the external one?

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    If I understand you correctly, you have an external IR receiver and do not want to use the inbuilt one from NUC? In BIOS settings you can disable the inbuilt IR, so that IRSS is forced to use the external one.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If I understand you correctly, you have an external IR receiver and do not want to use the inbuilt one from NUC? In BIOS settings you can disable the inbuilt IR, so that IRSS is forced to use the external one.

...or just disable it in Device Manager maybe ?

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    ...or just disable it in Device Manager maybe ?

In my case this doesn’t work. I wanted to use the external 1040 from Microsoft MCE. When both IRs where active (the inbuilt and the external) the action were double processed in MP (both IRs “answered”). So, I needed to disable the inbuilt IR and had the same idea to do it in the device manager. After disabled the inbuilt IR in device manager the external IR has stopped working. I think the reason for it was that both IR shared the same driver…? Anyway, disabled it in BIOS solved the problem, windows don’t know about the inbuilt IR and the driver is loaded only for the external 1040.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello,
    sorry for the late answer.
    this issue is solved now ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom