Is it possible 2 frame by frame? And fast way to mark movies as watched (1 Viewer)

hunted22

Portal Member
August 5, 2010
Hello all..

I was wondering if the "frame by frame" (aka frame step) option is supported by Mportal / Mpicture..

Also, is there any fast way to mark movies as watched (like by lots) instead of doing so one by one?

thanks..

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There was some discussion a while ago about frame by frame, but there are no mechanisms in the code that would support it, even if the codecs allowed it. I don't know, but if it were going to be part of MP it wouldn't be until MP 2 or later.

There is currently no multi select capability. :sorry:

Chuck

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I was wondering if the "frame by frame" (aka frame step) option is supported by Mportal / Mpicture..

You could setup an external player such as MPC-HC which has frame-by-frame support, it's not ideal, but at least it will give you what you want until MediaPortal 2 is available.

Also, is there any fast way to mark movies as watched (like by lots) instead of doing so one by one?

Setup Follw.it and/or Trakt and use their fast website method to tag movies as watched. Not sure if Follw.it allows an easy single page overview to quickly tag movies as watched, but Trakt does. Then the plugin integration with MovingPictures will ensure that the website tagging will sync up with your local library.

Another local way would be to use SQL queries direct to mass tag, but this is very complex and technical and not for the faint of heart.

hunted22

Portal Member
    August 5, 2010
    Thank you Chuck.. mp is missing some important options, but it remains THE best media center in my opinion

Also thank you RoChess.. I use both mpc and trakt, and i wasn't able to think of that.. figuring out a work around it a talent..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom