Is it possible for me to change the skin-id? (1 Viewer)

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    using the MCE replacement plugin you can reassign keys, you can also create jumps directly to any screen (by ID), so that will achieve what you want to do.

I still use this old version but and-81 on his IR server suit for a long time now which has this functionality + a lot more.

MCE Replacement Plugin - MediaPortal Forum

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure what all those other utils you are talking about there are, I have been out of the games for a few months.
    Only have a few minutes and not near MP, but hope this info is enough.

All you do is installed MCE replacement plugin.
    go to config
    re-map buttons.
    Go into the button mappings and pick the button you want to use; in this case the video button (don't think it is pretected, pretty sure the plugin lets you re-map every button.
    Select the view the actions fires in, for your case select all.
    Assign an action - on the right hand side near the top (vague I know!) there are some buttons, one of them (lets call it jump!) alows you to type the page number you want to jump to, enter the movie pictures ID.

simple as that.

larsgk12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Another solution, which I use, is to edit configuration-setting for my Remote IR-device (I'm using a Harmony Remote 885 Remote, with a Hauppauge IR device).

I've copied Hauppauge HCW.xml from c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults to c:\\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings (you should not edit the file in Program files folder)

Open the xml in any text editor, find configuration used by Video. In my file it looks like this:
    Code:
    <button name="Videos" code="2024">
      <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="6" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="18" sound="click.wav"/>
      <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2005" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="18" sound="click.wav"/>
      <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="6" sound="click.wav"/>
     </button>

Video ID = 6
    Moving Pictures ID = 96742

Change the last line to use the ID of MovingPictures instead of Video, like this

Code:
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="96742" sound="click.wav"/>

Works great.

(remotes like MCE, have another, equal section)

-L-

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it was my assumption that something like this would be possible. Just implemented this and works!!

So kudos to larsgk12. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom