Is it possible to "autoswitch" to HDMI-Input? (1 Viewer)

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
December 26, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I've had two different 6 series, the first was stolen, and the second is the replacement.

The first one had no DTV tuner (early NZL model), and the remote had an "HDMI" button, that with one press, switched to the active HDMI chanel, i.e. my HTPC. Nice and easy.

The replacement I just got now has a DTV tuner, and the remote lacks the "HDMI" button. The TV also has completely different firmware/menus. Now I have the same annoying source menu to scroll through to select HDMI, then I have to hit "Return" to get rid of the menu. Very very annoying.

Fortunately, the bastards that stole my first one left the remote behind. The "HDMI" button on the old one works fine with the new TV, switching directly to the active HDMI input, and all the channel buttons work fine with the DTV tuner.

So yeah, there IS a single remote command the TV will accept that will do what you want, it's just that your remote doesn't have it.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I've had two different 6 series, the first was stolen, and the second is the replacement.

The first one had no DTV tuner (early NZL model), and the remote had an "HDMI" button, that with one press, switched to the active HDMI chanel, i.e. my HTPC. Nice and easy.

The replacement I just got now has a DTV tuner, and the remote lacks the "HDMI" button. The TV also has completely different firmware/menus. Now I have the same annoying source menu to scroll through to select HDMI, then I have to hit "Return" to get rid of the menu. Very very annoying.

Fortunately, the bastards that stole my first one left the remote behind. The "HDMI" button on the old one works fine with the new TV, switching directly to the active HDMI input, and all the channel buttons work fine with the DTV tuner.

So yeah, there IS a single remote command the TV will accept that will do what you want, it's just that your remote doesn't have it.

Ahh, sounds very interesting - so at least this proves it should be possible to use this on a programmable remote as posted earlier here. As far as I understand, there is so far no possibilit for any "autoswitch" function (as in early days with scart switching line!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom