Is it possible to set recordings via my windows 7 phone away from home (1 Viewer)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello Chaps,

Could some one put a link up of the best plugins so I can access MP away from home please? Had a quick look at Ipimp but I'm not sure it still exists or is really a streaming program. I would need to wake up on lan as well if that is possible. I am quite a technical numpty, but I thought I might have a look. :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you set up MPExtended and WebMP right you can use every Webbrowser to access your TV-Server from all over the world. A DynDNS account could be helpful as well...

I would need to wake up on lan as well if that is possible
    This depends on your router. Some like the Fritz!Box have such functionality, others don't have.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    So if my router does not support it when away I would have to have my computer awake all the time? How would a DynDNS account help please?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    How would a DynDNS account help please?
    With such you have a "normal" web address something like http:\myaccount.dyndns.com\ to reach your TV Server. If you don't use such you need to know the IP you got from your ISP. But this normally is changing daily on a random base. So normally you don't know which WAN- IP you have. With an Dynamic DNS Service (there are lots of them, not only DynDNS, but this is well known) you'll always have the same address...

So if my router does not support it when away I would have to have my computer awake all the time?
    Yep. Or you set up your PC to awake on a regular time, e.G. at 8.00 PM so you can access it on this time. Or you buy yourself a router which supports this...

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Sorry to be a woos but this all looks very complicated I have down loaded Webmediaportal & MPextended Services, but for the life of me I cannot find the configurator or MPextender configuration program. And do not understand how to get them working together, I will have to leave it for now. If you happen to know a link to a site that states exactly & in what order to do things that would be great, but thank you for your kind advice.

Good idea re waking the computer at 8.pm or whenever, hadn't thought of that.

Thanks, Lacanox[DOUBLEPOST=1384887802][/DOUBLEPOST]But I could do it from logmein for free. I use that to help my Mother from time to time so all I should need to do is say wake the computer for 1 hour say at 7.pm each day log on to logmein then log on to my computer schedule whatever TV programs I want & log out again, that should work should it not?

But not from my mobile, anyway it is an improvement. :)

Last edited:

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Could I set recordings form my laptop using remote assistance to my recording computer at home?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    that should work should it not?
    Yes. it should.

MPExtended is the core service to access MP and all of it's goodies from anywhere. There isn't much to configure. Only Thing I remember is the username and password needed to access network shares, if you use such. The config- Tool is in tray after install. Maybe your Windows didn't show all stuff in tray (next to clock, lower right corner)... There is a good guide in our wiki for MPE:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/Remote_Access/MPExtended

WebMP is a website (simply spoken) to communicate with MPExtended. For this you don't need any config at all. Just install and you're ready to go. But you can create user with password if you like. With WebMP running you can access all MP stuff with a web browser. And if you use some dynamic DNS service you can use it from everywhere in the world with every device as long as a browser is running on it. Tablets, Phones, even some TVs and Setop Boxes, Internet Cafe, Hotspots, Hotels,... For WebMP there also is a wiki page:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../MPExtended/WebMediaPortal/Installation_Guide

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Could I set recordings form my laptop using remote assistance to my recording computer at home?
    If you are running something like Teamviewer or similar, then you can do exactly the same as if you are sitting in front of the TV Server... But the TeamViewer APP (at least for Android, that's what I'm using) isn't too nice to handle on a small phone display...

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you for all this, I now will have to look into it in a few days time. I will come back to this thread on a nice clear day when I can gently take my self through it, your a gent sir,

Thanks,

Lacanox

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ....or you could install the ARGUS TV plugin (y) But if you're having problems with MPExtended etc then this might not be a good idea as it takes some setting up initially. Just another idea though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom