Is Mediaportal dying out? (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is why I suggested that if a release could be made where just the basics work without all the latest tricks then the non-technical like me would get a lot more from MP1
    You might find that MP2 suits you better. Online Videos, Radio Time and other important plugins and all their dependancies are included/installed as part of the basic MP2 install. There is also no MP Configuration program although you still need to set up theTV tuners with the TV Server Config. program. Generally speaking MP2 is much easier to get started with but less flexible and has fewer plugins available. Give it a try on your test machine maybe.
    Regardless of that I would still recommend you report the problem you have with Online Videos elsewhere. It should work on your setup and should have nothing to do with the problem with the Black Gold TV card.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My only issue with MediaPortal is that my Energy Schedule in Windows 7 keeps changing without my doing every time I update MediaPortal. I have to apply all tweaks again from memory, as you can't save them. :/ This has been reported, but nobody else seem to have this issue (the remote buttons are being changed, the hdds will turn off, the screen will shut down and the pc will go into energy saving after 30 minutes).

Emph

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    You might find that MP2 suits you better. Online Videos, Radio Time and other important plugins and all their dependancies are included/installed as part of the basic MP2 install. There is also no MP Configuration program although you still need to set up theTV tuners with the TV Server Config. program. Generally speaking MP2 is much easier to get started with but less flexible and has fewer plugins available. Give it a try on your test machine maybe.
    Regardless of that I would still recommend you report the problem you have with Online Videos elsewhere. It should work on your setup and should have nothing to do with the problem with the Black Gold TV card.

Thanks joecrow
    I tried MP2 back in April this year and it became a nightmare
    The forum spent about two months with me trying to get it working and in the end I think people gave up, and I do not blame them, I was taking up so much time
    I think I will wave the white flag rather than try MP2 again, (until a major release occurs and then I will give it a go because I recognise the advantages)

Getting back to what you recommend, I wonder about Online Videos version
    Online Videos work perfect here with 1.18 - look for the correct version in forum pls ;)

@catavolt did not confirm or offer correct version to use
    Am I using the correct version?
    Cheers
    TW

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    My only issue with MediaPortal is that my Energy Schedule in Windows 7 keeps changing without my doing every time I update MediaPortal. I have to apply all tweaks again from memory, as you can't save them. :/ This has been reported, but nobody else seem to have this issue (the remote buttons are being changed, the hdds will turn off, the screen will shut down and the pc will go into energy saving after 30 minutes).

Emph

Absolutely
    Would not be so bad if you did not have to dig down so far just to stop the Hard Drive switching off after a couple of minutes!
    It's good to regulate Microsoft Updates though, no nasty surprises, (although the "Creators Update" on my work PC did not turn out to be the disaster I was expecting)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Am I using the correct version?
    See attached screenshot, you need both Online Videos and MP IPTV filter and URL splitter plugins. The versions shown are the latest and are working for me with MP 1.18.
    ovjpg.jpg

UPDATE:- Just in case and before you ask both these plugins are listed and can be installed from the current (MP 1.18) MP Extensions Manager.

Last edited:

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    See attached screenshot, you need both Online Videos and MP IPTV filter and URL splitter plugins. The versions shown are the latest and are working for me with MP 1.18.
    View attachment 193686

UPDATE:- Just in case and before you ask both these plugins are listed and can be installed from the current (MP 1.18) MP Extensions Manager.

Thanks joecrow
    Its possible the MP IPTV filter and splitter plugin may be the problem as you suggest
    The only mention of these on the Online Videos page (that I remember) I believe suggested they are all linked and installed by the Extension Manager together
    My system definately added a load of the files when I installed 2.3.1.0, I remember puzzling at all the stuff in the install que for confirmation

So over the weekend I need to drag the old machine out and double check the installed file releases and see if this is the issue
    What is the best way to confirm the current releases of running plugins? (If I remember Extension Manager only lists latest available and not actual .ver installed)

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated
    Cheers
    TW

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is the best way to confirm the current releases of running plugins? (If I remember Extension Manager only lists latest available and not actual .ver installed)
    Further to the comment from @catavolt you can display the installed pugins simply by clicking on the "Installed" tab, thats what was displayed in the screenshot in my earlier post. I have highlighted the tab in the attached screenshot.
    ovjpg.jpg
    If you have previously installed Online Videos from some source other than MP Extension Manager, e.g. a pre-release version dowloaded directly it may not show up in the "Installed" list. You can still check the version number by opening the MP Configuration then Plugins/Online Videos/Config it is in the lower left corner of the first config. page. Alternatively just install both the plugins from the "Known" list, or update them if necessary when they are shown in the Installed list (do the IPTV filter first) that will overwrite whatever you currently have installed.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Further to the comment from @catavolt you can display the installed pugins simply by clicking on the "Installed" tab, thats what was displayed in the screenshot in my earlier post. I have highlighted the tab in the attached screenshot.
    View attachment 193687
    If you have previously installed Online Videos from some source other than MP Extension Manager, e.g. a pre-release version dowloaded directly it may not show up in the "Installed" list. You can still check the version number by opening the MP Configuration then Plugins/Online Videos/Config it is in the lower left corner of the first config. page. Alternatively just install both the plugins from the "Known" list, or update them if necessary when they are shown in the Installed list (do the IPTV filter first) that will overwrite whatever you currently have installed.

Thanks joecrow, much appreciated
    Embarrased that I am highjacking this thread now so will return with another post later to update

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom