Is MP locking the cd/dvd drive? (2 Viewers)

kaybe

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    I am thinking about to write a plugin to rip my CDs as mp3.
    So I was testing with CDex.
    The problem is that if MP runs, CDex cannot find any CD-Drive and shows some error messages. When I close MP CDex can find all.
    My question:
    Is it posible to disable this locking, perhaps with a funktion in the plugin to delock the CD-Drive?

phpchris

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2005
    Perhaps the same problem but MP sometimes sais no CD / DVD inserted.
    When I close MP and try to play a DVD in WMP it works like a charm, could there be a problem?

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    phpchris said:
    Perhaps the same problem but MP sometimes sais no CD / DVD inserted.
    When I close MP and try to play a DVD in WMP it works like a charm, could there be a problem?

No, this is more a DVD codec problem. Go to the config and play around with the different video/audio decoders, the sound device and the navigator. I'm also experiencing this message with some configs.

Maschine

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well I think it is a bug since applications like Nero, etc can't use the driver any longer, too..

waeberd

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2004
    Fribourg (CH)
    The "autoplay CD" and the "autoplay DVD" features grab the cd-drive and tell the other applications that the drive is busy.

If you disable both autoplay features, does the problem still occur?

Gucky had to disable this (myBurner) and I did the same in myPrograms.

Daniel

dragon123

Portal Member
    October 17, 2005
    waeberd said:
    The "autoplay CD" and the "autoplay DVD" features grab the cd-drive and tell the other applications that the drive is busy.

If you disable both autoplay features, does the problem still occur?

Gucky had to disable this (myBurner) and I did the same in myPrograms.

Daniel

I have the same problem with myCDrip. Works great outside of mediaportal but not in mediaportal, I removed the autoplay CD and DVD but the drives are still locked, any easy way to unlock them???

Actually I have to double check that I removed the DVD autoplay...
    I think I should try to find out how to program it to disable autoplay then make it available again.

kaybe

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    if you want to have the autoplay function, you have to deactivate it with a plugin and later to activate it again.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I also have this problem: I disabled autostart in DVD and Music, but any a new cd/dvd is recognized only after I restart MP. The last advice was to do a clean install. I am waiting for the final version to do that. In the meantime I was wondering if somebody knows a quick fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom