Is MPTray not working with 1.0.1? (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MPTray only gives me an error message and self destructs when I run the install batch file since I installed MP 1.0.1. I know MPTray broke the optional loading screens for the previous MP SVNs, but now MPTray seems to be broke.

Is anyone else having the issue?

I use it constantly... well, not so much anymore since 1.0.1, as I haven't had an MP crash yet. I kept it onboard mostly so the wife could exit MP and restart with just the remote if she had issues. It was such a convenience.

Regards,

Chuck

BTW, I think it should be a built-in optional feature in MP.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Chuck!

I use the "MPTray Mod 786" and it is working!

Best regards

Helios

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Thank you Helios, that did the trick ... although the alternate startup screens are broaken still (not all screens display).. but that doesn't stop MP from working....

Thanks again,

Chuck

drivers

Portal Member
    April 12, 2008
    Hey guys... i have a problem with mediaportal 1.0.1 and mptray... i have a Mce remote Rc6 and i cannot install mptray or mptraymod. When i copy the files to mediaportal dir and try to install a dos window just blink for half a second and nothing more happens...

i can also say that my os is vista ultimate 32bit... and antec fusion with ir.

hope somebody can help... i really want the mce remote to work with mediaportal.

best regards

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Hey guys... i have a problem with mediaportal 1.0.1 and mptray... i have a Mce remote Rc6 and i cannot install mptray or mptraymod. When i copy the files to mediaportal dir and try to install a dos window just blink for half a second and nothing more happens...

i can also say that my os is vista ultimate 32bit... and antec fusion with ir.

hope somebody can help... i really want the mce remote to work with mediaportal.

best regards

That appears to be normal.. the DOS window does blink. So MP doesn't start from Windows when you press the GREEN start button on the MCE remote? Does the remote work with MP when you start it with the mouse? Did you configure the MP remote config section to be an MCE remote?

Just things to confirm first. there is also a mod to the bat file here for Vista Ultimate that might work for you....

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...2-does-not-start-46266/index2.html#post349690

Chuck

drivers

Portal Member
    April 12, 2008
    ive tried the code for the mptray_installer.bat but i cant change the code... when i try it just says: Could not create C:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\mptray_installer.bat

im getting crazy.. i just cant understand why it wont work... and yes when i have started mediaportal with the mouse or something i can use the remote to pick a movie and stuff... but i cant open with the green button, and i would like to let my remote do everything on my htpc...

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I'm running XP, so I'm not sure if this is the problem... do you have to sign in as administrator to make those changes?
    Is the file read only?

Just drawing at straws....

Chuck

drivers

Portal Member
    April 12, 2008
    well i right-clicked on mptray_installer and choose edit but that wont work, and when i try to open mptray_installer as admin it just says it cant be done because it cant find mptray.exe even though it is in the same folder... i tried to install lm keymapper before and it was really easy to map all the buttons but it didnt work at all on my computer....

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Open your text editor first (notepad- if it is part of Vista), then try dragging the bat file into it to edit. Other than that, I'm stuck.

Chuck

drivers

Portal Member
    April 12, 2008
    nah, still doesnt work... i just cant get it... why the hell should it be so damn hard to get something to work... thanx though for your effort dude...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom