is MSI TV@nywhere Plus good hardware? (1 Viewer)

wrenhal

Portal Member
November 25, 2005
This card has a Phillips 7131xx chip on it and a remote. Is this hardware compatible for MediaPortal? I just got one of these and was wanting to know if it will work for mediaportal and do i need anything special for the remote to work? Also, I guess I will need a video card with TV Out for the TV as this card doesn't have any out on it, just ins.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Totally depends on the card. If its a hardware mpeg2 card then it will work (if it doesnt you can get support added easily), but if its a software card it may work but its not offiically supported. Software support was recently removed but another thread confirms it was just disabled (and can be re-enabled easily).

If its a software card, its recommended you buy a proper hardware card.

Remote will probably need to be configured outside of MP with other software otherwise play/stop/ff/etc wont work.

If you want to watch it on the tv, you'll need tv out (unless its a dvi/vga plasma/lcd). A dx9 card is recommended but an dx8.1 will work as well.

wrenhal

Portal Member
    November 25, 2005
    I'm wondering about it because I saw several cards on the supported list that say they use the Phillips chipset like mine. Is that the only thing that makes the difference or could it still be software and how do I tell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom