Is the Hauppauge WinTV Go Card Supported? (1 Viewer)

angel_07030

Portal Member
January 12, 2006
NJ
Howdy. :D I just came across this site. Awesome software from what I've seen so far. I have a question:

Is the Hauppauge WinTV Go Card Supported by this software? I have one of these. Specifically, the WinTV Go-Plus with the remote (Model #1033). Here's the link:

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_goplus.html

Has anyone tested MediaPortal with this tuner card? I looked on the supported hardware list, but I didn't see it. And I searched the forums, but I haven't found anything yet. But maybe someone out there has it working and the list has yet to be updated.

Anyone get MediaPortal working with a WinTV Go? :?:

newbie23

Portal Member
August 6, 2005
I believe it is a software card (which are no longer supported unfortunately)
It might work however with the previous release of MediaPortal (0.1.3) as I have a WINTV-GO2 card (including remote control) that works perfectly with that release.

angel_07030

Portal Member
January 12, 2006
NJ
Aw.... Well thanks guys. :wink:

Well, It looks like I'll be shopping again... :roll: What card is the best to use with MP? Is there one HIGHLY preferred card that works like a dream with MP? I want to make sure I get the right one this time... :roll:

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Basically if its Hauppauge its already supported (its probably the most commonly used brand on here), and because of this they are very well supported.

Basically, PVR-150MCE if you want a single tuner or PVR-500MCE if you want dual tuner.

angel_07030

Portal Member
    January 12, 2006
    NJ
    Thanks for the advice. :wink: I ran out and got a simple Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 (Single Tuner) with the remote. I saw it was on the supported hardware list, so I'm assuming I should be ok. It was only a hundred bucks.

I'll probably throw the WinTV Go up on eBay and see what I get for it. I'll probably keep the remote as a spare though. :wink: It's the EXACT same thing that came with the PVR150. :shock:

I'm about to start a project to actually build a box around this software. (There are a few PVR Software packages out there, but this one really seems like it's the best one. :wink: ) I already have a Tivo, but I would like to be able to surf the net, get my email, burn, and maybe play an emulated game or two. :wink:

Wish me luck. You'll probably see more of my dumb face around the forum in the coming weeks. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom