Is the MyVideos (Local) Data Provider Working? (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I've been trying to test the MyVideos (Local) data provider but it doesn't seem to pull data from the "MyVideos" database for any of my movies.

I'm trying this with MediaPortal 1.2 Beta and Moving Pictures 1.2.2.1290.

Can anyone tell me if this is currently working or not before I experiment further?

Many thanks,

Wo0zy

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    I got it working with a small test library.:)

Still have issues with cover art for some of the movies (covers show up fine in the video library but MP doesn't pick them up). Will work on that later and once that's fixed try to work out why my larger test library didn't work.

Only reason I want this is because mediaslayer only works with the native video library. If I could find the source code for mediaslayer maybe I could change that and cut out the middle man :D

Wo0zy

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Well, judging by the lack of comment I think I've come to the same conculsion as everyone else :D

This isn't worth the hassle.

RoChess' IMDB+ scrapper is by far superior to the native MediaPortal 1.2 scrapper in terms of detail and accuracy so why bother with the intermediate step of getting the metadata into the native video library first??

Like I said, this was only for mediaslayer integration but that works just as well if you DON'T request cover art during the rip and then let Moving Pictures automatically add the rip in the background (providing you've got it set up correctly and your "label" returns a positive search match). I know I could use the IMDB+ scapper to automatically fill in the missing gaps left by the native scrapper (ratings seems quite common) but then I'm still left with a redundant/ pointless video's database (not really a problem but it'll only annoy me ;)).

I still think a "mediaslayer for Moving Pictures" application would be a nice addition. If only so the wife knows she's ripping the correct movie (and other scenarios like when I'm not around to work my MKV "dark art" :D).

Is anyone working on this at present? If not I may start looking into it.

Cheers,

Wo0zy

cabala

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

I'm very interested in this function because at this time it's not possible to manage Moving Pictures movie database in MP GUI, only in MP Configuration. I use the remote only, no keyboard or mouse, so the best for me is use native MP scraper and add the results to Moving Pictures database.

Sorry for my poor English...

Bye,

Marco

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    I just can't leave things alone :)

I did some more work with the MyVideos (Local) Data Provider and I'm now sure that it needs re-working.

While it picks up much of the metadata from the MyVideos database there are definately some fields that get missed.

These are as follows;-

1. Writers
    2. Certification
    3. Coverart.

I've attached some images to illustrate this using Avatar as an example.

Language is also missed but that's to be expected (no such field in the MyVideos DB :D).

This is with ONLY the MyVideos (Local) Data Provider selected in Moving Pictures for movie details and covers.

If this isn't the best place to report the problem could someone point me in the right direction? :D

All the best,

Wo0zy

Attachments

89.9 KB
      84.9 KB
      78.2 KB

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi fforde,

Just tested r1318 as I got notification that this issue was fixed in 1316.

For reference I'm running it agaistn MediaPortal SVN 28084 (not sure if this is important but could be).

Anyway, I created a small test myVideos DB (8 titles in total) and made sure all data was there.

I then ran MP Movie Importer with only the myVideos (Local) provider enable for both Movie Details and Covers.

What I've found is that the importer can now match up titles and all metadata for individual movie files (avi's etc) but struggles to identify folder rips. It always seems to get the first and then offer this for the remaining titles??

Hopefully you can see what I mean from the attached screencaps.

In the first image (MP_Importer.jpg), the importer happy identifies "Cars" and then offers "Cars" for the remianing folder rips. The 2 avi's are identified just fine.

In the second (MP_Importer2.jpg), I have removed "Cars" from the folder and the myVidoes DB. This time you can see that the importer successfully identifies "Finding Nemo" and offers this as the title for the remaining folder rips. Again the avi's are identified just fine.

The third screencap (MP_Movie_Manager.jpg) is just to show that, other than this issue, the data provider is now getting all of the fields I previously reported as being a problem.

Thanks for working on this and I hope the above is helpful. If you want me to test anything else or provide further information, just ask.

All the best,

Mick.

Attachments

• MP_Importer.JPG
      MP_Importer.JPG
      79.7 KB
    • MP_Importer2.JPG
      MP_Importer2.JPG
      79.7 KB
    • MP_Movie_Manager.JPG
      MP_Movie_Manager.JPG
      105.5 KB