Is the web browser in CVS supposed to be working? (1 Viewer)

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I just returned to MP after getting fed up with MCE05(horrible, horrible program!).

I noticed there is a webbrowser pluging in the main menu, but when i try to start it nothing happens. The log file has this to say:

Code:
    03-12-2005 23:19:51 window:MediaPortal.GUI.WebBrowser.GUIWebBrowser init
    03-12-2005 23:19:51 WindowManager:Unable to initialize window:5500 Exception of type 'System.Windows.Forms.AxHost+InvalidActiveXStateException' was thrown. AxInterop.MOZILLACONTROLLib    at AxMOZILLACONTROLLib.AxMozillaBrowser.Navigate(String uRL)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.WebBrowser.GUIWebBrowser.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 iWindowID, Boolean bReplaceWindow)

The install is CVS from today(3 december) on top of a brand new 2.0 RC1 install. I noticed that you are supposed to install some Mozilla ActiveX control. The link to it was dead however, but i have both Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox installed, so i guess that control should be installed.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Callifo said:
    I would try and get a hold of that file then because it does (or did when I tried it in older cvs).

According to http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm#binaries :

"The Mozilla executable (including the control) is built at Mozilla.org on a nightly basis. You can find information about the latest builds here."

I do have Mozilla installed, so the control should already be installed. Im sure the problem must be something else.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Callifo said:
    Got around to trying it and it does appear to be broken.

The link to the ActiveX control works again now, and installing does make it sort of work. Doesnt seem like the mobile phone like alphabetic keyboard on the MCE remote works though, but maybe that just doesnt work in MP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom