Is there a limit to the number of streams? (1 Viewer)

etsmc

Portal Member
June 20, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
We have setup a windows server 2008 R2 machine following the guide in the forum and everything seems to be working ok.
We have it setup as a TV-server only, we can start a manual time shift of a channel and connect to the rtsp stream on a client machine using vlc ok. once we have 32 machines connected we can connect no more to the stream.
If we stop it on one machine it will start on another. We thought this might be a limit to a particular stream so started another rtsp stream of a different channel but clients can not connect to the second stream unless we disconnect clients from the first stream.

Also while i am here i might as well ask is the installation of media portal extended and webmediaportal the same on 2008R2 as it is on wndows 7??
Thanks

Tallone

Portal Member
October 7, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
How many users is your copy of Server2008R2 actually licensed for? This would restrict the number of concurrent connections to the server.

Also, post some logs!

Last edited:

etsmc

Portal Member
June 20, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
As far as i am aware the limit of TCP Connections in windows server 2008 R2 Standard is 1025. so i don't think the issue is the OS.

Tried to attach some logs but every time i try and upload a file it comes up saying there was an error.
The following error occurred

There was a problem uploading your file.

oh by the way your link does not work

Also in regards to the WebMediaPortal i have found there is a separate version for IIS but i could not find information in what features are required.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom