Is there a list of variables to use with renamer? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I have been using the renaming function with moving pictures which is nice, but I want to add more stuff to the names of my files. Does it support any of the following:

video codec, audio codec, standard video format, exact video format, audio channels, resolution, sourcesource medium

Thanks
    -S

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There used to be, but then it got taken out when the rename system was "improved".

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I missed this thread. The wild cards are matched to the database fields that are flagged as filterable. But Rochess what do you mean by "improved"?

Anyway here is a list of what you can use (not all may be useful):

Code:
    ${movie.title}
    ${movie.alternate_titles}
    ${movie.sortby}
    ${movie.directors}
    ${movie.writers}
    ${movie.actors}
    ${movie.year}
    ${movie.genres}
    ${movie.certification}
    ${movie.language}
    ${movie.tagline}
    ${movie.summary}
    ${movie.studios}
    ${movie.score}
    ${movie.popularity}
    ${movie.runtime}
    ${movie.imdb_id}
    ${movie.details_url}

${moviepart}

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I missed this thread. The wild cards are matched to the database fields that are flagged as filterable. But Rochess what do you mean by "improved"?

LFalk original rename patch included support for audio/video/etc pretty much everything the OP asked for. Then the rename system got rewritten aka "improved" on some other parts and better code I guess, but in doing so it killed the codec/etc support that was working fine before.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    It looks like you are right that codec support got lost at some point. However next time you notice something like this, I would invite you to submit a patch or at least offer some constructive criticism in the right place rather than make passive aggressive criticisms about "improvements" in obscure threads like this. Everyone who contributes to this plugin (including you) works very hard at creating something that is useful to as many people as possible. They do all that in their free time that they could be spending with family or friends. Bottom line is negative comments about people's work only serve to discourage which is the last thing an open source project needs.

llambion

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2009
    Oviedo
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Is it posible re-add this codec fields to moving pictures renamer? it could be a great improvement.
    Thanks a lot for your great job

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom