[solved] Is there a plugin for Amazon prime video (2 Viewers)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yeah I saw the DE version, So is it just hard or impossible?
    I had asked a while ago https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/amazon-prime-plugin.124446/
    and it got out of hand
    I would say the hardest thing is to find someone that is able to do it... The biggest problems are geo blocking and that it's a commercial service; not every developer would like to pay money for something he/she never going to use after development, and pay again when maintenance is needed. I think our hope for a US site at the moment is that only minor configuration changes of the UK and DE sites is enough to get it working.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can check how to add US support. Currently the UK/DE versions are only different in the used urls of the sites. I would need some support to test this live of course. @Cam just sent me a PM how we could do this...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A small status update for Amazon Prime (US): I started to work with @Cam on the support and we could already playback videos in both MP2 (HTML5) and MP1 (Silverlight).

There are some technical things to be resolved and the movie/TV categories need to be completed. But I think we will have UK + US + DE support very soon :)

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No sure how to attach files in the PM or inbox area.
    The pic MP2 all shows the screen after trying all of the section (TV,movies....) it seems to try to play but back out.
    Sent some logs from MP2.

Attachments

• MP2 all.jpg
      MP2 all.jpg
      454.5 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think we could push a first test version for US support.

@offbyone I need your assistance with few things:
    1. I just registered my email address using MP1 config tool. What should happen next? How can I "take over" JSurf's SiteUtil?
    2. I had to add the site locally to the sitelist XML. How to publish the new site, which is inside the current siteutil assembly?
    3. There is another problem with cultures: as it is now, the "en" refers to en-GB (UK), so also does the UK version of Amazon Prime. I forced the culture to "en-US", the site shows up, but there is no flag. Can you add an US flag (to... where?)
    Edit: so the new site looks like:
    XML:
        <Site name="Amazon Prime Us" util="AmazonPrimeSite" agecheck="false" enabled="true" lang="en-us" player="Browser" lastUpdated="2016-08-01T11:13:16.9107257+02:00">
          <Description>Amazon Prime allows unlimited streaming of 15,000 titles!  Requires a user name/password.</Description>
          <Configuration>
            <item key="webAutomationType"><![CDATA[AmazonPrimeUs]]></item>
          </Configuration>
        </Site>

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please PM me the email you registered. I need to make you the owner of the jsurf dll so you can publish it with your site.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Was there anything else you needed from me?
    --- Post updated ---
    One other thing:
    Is there a way to consolidate all movies in an alphabetically list, also doing the same with TV?

Just a thought:)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Was there anything else you needed from me?
    Probably a bit more of testing once the version is published

Is there a way to consolidate all movies in an alphabetically list, also doing the same with TV?
    This would be only possible by another list that uses "sort by name". I have to check Amazon first if it does provide this sorting. As alternative you can also use the search feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom