Is there a way to create a spread sheet of my movies? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am interested in creating a list of my movies with info like file size, codec, Size of frame, etc. Is there a way to output this to a excel a file so I can compare all the movies and make sure if I have duplicates that I keep the best ones or find better ones for the low quality ones? Any programs that would do this automatically would be really great.

Thanks
    -S

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Did you give this utility a look MovingPictures XML.

Thanks I did try this but it says it isn't compatible with MP 1.3 :-([DOUBLEPOST=1365081075][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You can also use SQL queries to auto scan your database for movie duplicates if they share a common attribute (title, IMDb tt-id, etc). I summed up a bunch of useful queries once before with instructions.

Post available at: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ries-with-missing-info-via-sql-queries.74825/

Thanks for this link. This type of stuff is really cool (SQL database stuff), but for the non-computer programmer it can be a little of a learning curve. I might have to resort to this which would be fun, but means less time on other things. If no other things come up then I'll give this a try. Thanks for making the examples as I would not be able to try without them.

-S :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks for this link. This type of stuff is really cool (SQL database stuff), but for the non-computer programmer it can be a little of a learning curve.

Be sure to take general security steps as well, for example always make a backup of your database. Infact I personally just make a backup and do SQL stuff to that backup, as to not risk any chances of doing something wrong to the real database.

And SQL can be complex quickly, but the examples given are straight copy-n-paste for instant results.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks everyone for the help. xlm and pdf are ok for what I need, however a spread sheet would allow me to sorting things quickly.

Also wanted to ask if MovingPictures XML can list the file size. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

-S

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorting is no problem for MovingPicturesXML but unfortunately it only exports values that are in the database of MovingPictures and the file size is not in the database.

Attachments

• 1.png
      1.png
      6.5 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sorting is no problem for MovingPicturesXML but unfortunately it only exports values that are in the database of MovingPictures and the file size is not in the database.

[deleted]

My bad, filesize is indeed not inside 'media_info' table. Could have sworn it was.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom