Is there a way to have a seperate movie database/list for kids movies? (1 Viewer)

kenp2600

Portal Member
December 11, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm trying to figure out how to have a list of movies, seperate from the main list, so I can hand the remote to my kids and let them watch whatever they want.

I know searching and filtering is coming in a future version, but I was wondering if there was a way to point to a different database, or something similar as a temporary workaround.

Thanks

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
This is (I think) something I was thinking about too... do you mean, for example:

Everytime Moving Pictures adds a movie to the database, it also adds it to a remote database:
For example:
* Updates the movie info/list in an html file on a server somewhere
* Updates the database in another location (maybe on a remote computer), maybe a locally networked computer

Or even the ability to export the data from the database would be nice... Just to have a list! haha

kenp2600

Portal Member
December 11, 2008
Home Country
This is (I think) something I was thinking about too... do you mean, for example:

Everytime Moving Pictures adds a movie to the database, it also adds it to a remote database:
For example:
* Updates the movie info/list in an html file on a server somewhere
* Updates the database in another location (maybe on a remote computer), maybe a locally networked computer

Or even the ability to export the data from the database would be nice... Just to have a list! haha

I was actually thinking more of a way of having (on 1 computer) 1 database that contains all movies from hard disc folders A, B, and C, and another database (on the same computer) that only has movies from hard disc folder C. A and B could contain movies that were not appropriate for children (for example) and folder C could contain only kid-friendly movies.

This way, when I sit down to watch a movie, I pick database 1, when the kids want to watch a movie, I change to database 2 and hand them the remote.

what about using moving pictures for "normal" movies, and then the implanted my movies for the kids movies ?
ExplodedK, I had thought of using the built in movie database for the kids movies, but was hoping there was a better way.

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Sorting and filtering on DB fields (i.e.: genre) are features that are coming. Maybe this also includes custom DB fields?

Users who are viewing this thread