Is there a way to replace tsreader.ax?! (1 Viewer)

Klez

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 Beta
    Windows Version: Win7 64Bit
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft DTV
    h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV

Hello,

Is there a way to replace the tsreader.ax file source filter which is registered by default? My problem is, that this splitter is unable to play some of my old TS files. It just does not start the playback. If i use MPC-HC (or another player) which uses the installed LAV Splitter, all is working perfectly.

Why i can't use the LAV Filter in Mediaportal?! If i unregister tsreader.ax mediaportal can't read TS files at all.

Greetings

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Klez

TsReader is a core component of MediaPortal that is used for reading and demuxing all TS files - it can't be replaced. If you have files that don't play then please provide us with small (around 50 MB) samples. You can upload the samples to our FTP server - login details are at the bottom of -->this<-- page. Please make sure that you use the correct naming pattern so we know the source details.

mm

Klez

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Is there a way to replace tsreader.ax?!

Hello,

matpe said:
    Have you tried renaming them to m2ts?
    Thanks! That did the job already.

mm1352000 said:
    TsReader is a core component of MediaPortal that is used for reading and demuxing all TS files - it can't be replaced
    OK, but why? Is there any advantage of "hard code" the used file source filter?

mm1352000 said:
    If you have files that don't play then please provide us with small (around 50 MB) samples. You can upload the samples to our FTP server - login details are at the bottom of -->this<-- page. Please make sure that you use the correct naming pattern so we know the source details.
    I would like to, but the TS files which causes the problem are records from my old DBox2. Some work, some does not.

I cant rename them to this syntax "[country]_[broadcaster]_[frequency]_[typeT/S/C]_[tuned_channel]_[FTA_or_scrambled].ts", because i dont know the frequency or tuned channel :( And: Do u have a tip how i can provide u with the first 50mb of such a TS file?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TsReader.ax handles timeshift files and RTSP streamed data from the MP TVserver, as well as local .ts file playback i.e. it's more than just a 'standard' splitter filter.

Tony

Klez

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Is there a way to replace tsreader.ax?!

OK, thank u all for the info!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Is there a way to replace tsreader.ax?!

Hi again Klez

I would like to, but the TS files which causes the problem are records from my old DBox2. Some work, some does not.

I cant rename them to this syntax "[country]_[broadcaster]_[frequency]_[typeT/S/C]_[tuned_channel]_[FTA_or_scrambled].ts", because i dont know the frequency or tuned channel :( And: Do u have a tip how i can provide u with the first 50mb of such a TS file?
    Okay, that's not a problem. Just call them something like "Klez_TsReader_does_not_play_this.ts". I think tsMuxeR or similar free tools should allow you to grab the first 50 MB.

mm

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Is there a way to replace tsreader.ax?!

Okay, that's not a problem. Just call them something like "Klez_TsReader_does_not_play_this.ts". I think tsMuxeR or similar free tools should allow you to grab the first 50 MB.

Such tools could remux the TS file so they aren't "allowed" to be used when delivering samples. Just close down the FTP connection when 50 MB has been uploaded, that way the file will be cut without risking the file content to be modified.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    tourettes: true, although I would have thought that the cutting function should just give 50 MB of packets. I'll remember your method for the future - very practical! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom