Is there any widescreen skin available? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who did anything for Media Portal. This is the greatest htpc frontend ever. But there is one thing that I couldn't find. So is there any 16:9 skin because the 4:3 skins looks very strange on a widescreen TV! Project Mayhem would be great!

A

Anonymous

coco said:
Hi guys,

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who did anything for Media Portal. This is the greatest htpc frontend ever. But there is one thing that I couldn't find. So is there any 16:9 skin because the 4:3 skins looks very strange on a widescreen TV! Project Mayhem would be great!

You can do a couple of adjustments in the settings area, like aspect ratio. That will make any skin look less stretched.

I know there has been a couple of "widescreen initiatives" but I haven't seen any results so far.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well I started on this especially for MCE but MrMario kept making xml changes so I was waiting for some stability.
    As it turns out most of MrMario's changes seem to be more 4:3 to 16:9 friendly.
    The problem with 16:9 is that Samsonite would have to change alot of his media files.
    So if you really want it then I guess we'll have to ask Samsonite for alot of adjusted png files :-P
    However if you want some slight xml changes for MCE which is even more 16:9 friendly then I have some of these already.

DMAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom