Is this a bug or a "feature" (1 Viewer)

mce_user

Portal Member
July 12, 2006
Hi

First off here are my system specs..

Shuttle Sn41G2 with 512 MB ram and onboard gfx card set to 128 MB video ram.

Hauppauge HVR-1300 tuner card.

Running on Windows XP Danish (MCE edition)

My problem is that whenever i run mediaportal and try to set it up it crashes..

I try to do this thru the wizard but when i get to the screen where i have to select what region i am in and i select any region mediaportal crashes with this error..

mp.jpg

I am using MCE daily and am very pleased with it's stability, only very rarely does it give me any trouble..

Only problem is that it does not support DVT-T subtitles and it does not support both analog and digital at the same time..

It has been like this in every version i have tested ..

MCE_USER

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    This is while running the wizard right?

If you cancel the wizard just before it crashes and re-run setup again, you should be presented with the proper Configuration program.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    As Califfo has said, a few people have the same issue, but running the MP config application resolves it.

For the DVB subtitles, I know this is under development with MP but I don't think it is actually working yet. I'd be happy to be corrected if someone knows otherwise.

In any event, I am sure that once you get to know MP you will be very happy with it. It's not quite as easy to set up as MCE is, but it offers many more features and options.

And besides, we are always here to help if you have any issues :)

mce_user

Portal Member
    July 12, 2006
    Callifo said:
    This is while running the wizard right?

If you cancel the wizard just before it crashes and re-run setup again, you should be presented with the proper Configuration program.

Hi

Yes it is when running the wizard from settings-<wizard inside the program..

The "setup mediaportal" never gives me a wizard just a bunch of settings that i can change..

Tried what you said and it did not work...Still get the crash..Only thing i did not do exactly as said was to "cancel the wizard just before it crashes" This was not possible as there is only forward and back buttons in the wizard...

Therefor i just used back a few times to get to the main menu..

Well if DVB-T subtitles are not included it is of little importance to me right now as i will stick with MCE as it seems more stable.. (Stable = It does not crash right after install while trying to do basic setup).

Do you know if there are plans to fix this bug in future releases..

I dont wanna offend anyone but i get the feeling that mediaportal is a bit too "linux'y" right now (Read : You need to be a tech nerd to set it up and all tweaking goes on in some obscure submenu)..

Thanks for the help...I will keep checking back to see if new releases has been made and to test if this bug has been removed so that i can get it up and running smoothly..

MCE_USER

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom