Is TwinHan CI REALLY a good choice? (1 Viewer)

liborc

Portal Pro
December 22, 2004
Hello,

My config is Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB RAM, MSI RS482M4-ILD, SATA 200GB. AirStar2.

I got my AirStar2 working thanx to mbb's addition to Agree's SkyStar2 code (well, only the EPG doesn't work here in the Czech Republic).

I own also a Hauppauge Nexus, which I believe has zero chances to get supported in MediaPortal. So I have to settle for another card and I want to get it working simultaneously with my Airstar2. Because you apparently can't get two B2C2 cards (e.g. one Airstar2 and one SkyStar2) work simultaneously in MediaPortal, I have to exlude the SkyStar2 as well.

So, I have set my eyes on the TwinHan CI and before I buy it, I would need to know some bits of information:

1) Will it work with MediaPortal (I actually did search this forum and found contradictory answers to this question)
2) What model number/revision of the TwinHan card do I have to buy in order to be sure to get it working?
3) Is there a way to get some decoding and/or diseq plugins to work with this card in MediaPortal (eg kwadiseq, s2emu). I am not trying to decode stuff illegally, only I do not want to spend money uselessly on a hardware CAM. Besides, I have two subscriptions and the card only has one CI... (I have actually also been given contradictory opinions on this as well.)

Thanks in advance for any advise on this, I must admit I am really puzzled here.

Libor

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    To answer question number 3.... MDplugins were removed from Media portal in version 0.1.3.0. Currently there is no way of using s2emu or anything else to receive channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom