ISO and IMG not showing/playing (1 Viewer)

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Greetings everyone!

I have a problem which I am not sure how to handle... and I have been looking for a solution 20 min now on the forums without a clear answer. So I will ask it here and sorry if this has already been answered.

# What do I have to do to make Moving Pictures detect and add movies to the database with the .img .iso extension?

# I also have problems with MP crashing when I try to start a .iso .img file through Mediaportal. If I mount it and start in mediaplayer then it is working just fine.

Looking forward to your help!

Best Regards!

/Thrilled

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
As for getting ISOs, etc to load into Moving Pictures, see this item on the FAQ. If ISOs are crashing MediaPortal for you, both inside and out of Moving Pictures, this is probably an issue with MediaPortal itself. Hopefully someone around here could give you some pointers, but if you dont have any luck you may want to post in one of the main MediaPortal subforums.

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Thanks! I had missed that FAQ but it sure helped. Now it scans all my files as I want it to.

Yea I still have some issues with MP crashing when I am trying to mount the iso SOME of the iso images in MP but they work in regular windows.

Also I have some blueray iso's that mount fine but I can't get either FLV or Mediaplayer to start them. And if I use PowerDVD9 it starts Powerdvd when I mount the iso but even PowerDVD can't start the movie. However if I manually enter the stream folder and start the files within then I can play the movie.. anyone know what can be done about this?

Thanks in advance and also thanks for helping with the first problem

/thrilled

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Hmmm tried to use your guide there regarding the internal players as blueray player.

I added the extensions and made sure that I didn't use any external player.

When I click a Blueray iso he mounts the .iso file as he should then it seems like he is going to start to play and I hear like a windows error pling and the screen remains black. If I then tab out and click the mediaportal icon in the system tray it brings up the blackscreen again but I can only hear sound no picture.

However when entering the stream foldermanually and doubleclicking the files it starts the mediaplayer and it works just as it should.

Any clue what to do next?

Sincerely!

/Mikael

samo

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Home Country
im also having trouble playing iso's. I have added .so to extensions yet they still do not show in MP under Videos or Moving Pictures etc

any ideas?

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Well my problem is not the same as yours though. After adding .iso and .img to the extension list they all show up under videos/moving pictures.

Only some strange things happen when I am trying to play them

/thrilled

samo

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Home Country
i sorted all my problems. Had some weird playback issues as well with certain images but thats no longer an issue. I changed the DVD playback codec to Cyberlink and that fixed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom