.iso files (as video extensions) not being opened when in library (not shares) view (1 Viewer)

nvkris

January 18, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 (and svn build as of today. Same issue)
MediaPortal Skin: independent (tried under xface, blue3wide, black&white 1080)
Windows Version: XP Professional SP3
CPU Type: P4 3.0GHz
HDD: 3 SATA 1TB HDDs
Memory: 3GB
Motherboard: ASUS p4p800SE
Video Card: ATI x1950 Pro
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8
Sound Card: Motherboard

I have added .iso as a Video Extension. I do not have DaemonTools setup (no automounting of .iso files).

When viewing MyVideos, when viewing the list of videos under the 'shares' view, every type of file plays when I hit enter.
However, when switch view to anything else (tried genre view, and actor view), then avi files still play when I hit enter, but iso files do not play. They do not respond at all. I hear the click sound acknowledging my keypress, but that's it.
I go back to share view, and every type of file plays again.

I have seen this problem when
- I use the Mediaportal internal player
and also when
- I use VLC as an external player for both videos and DVDs
and also when
- I setup VLC only for videos and not DVDs

I also see this problem with
- Mediaportal 1.0
and also
- the latest SVN .rar untested build

I see the problem under the skins
- XFace
- Blue3Wide
- Black & White 1080

I have removed all plugins from the plugins module.
Searched the internet for the last 2 days for an answer, but couldn't find it :(. Please help...

nvkris

January 18, 2009
Home Country
Hi Tony,
Thank you for your reply. Yes I have demontools installed on my PC, BUT I did not set it up in mediaportal. That is because as per my understanding
- DaemonTools mounts an ISO as a DVD on your PC. Then you can use a DVD player (vlc, powerDVD, etc) to play the mounted DVD.
- However, since VLC plays iso's straightout, just like any file (and since mounting takes a couple seconds), I do not use daemontools to mount, but have added .iso as a video extension and have got mediaportal to open it just as another video file, without mounting. Both VLC as well as the mediaportal internal player can play iso files.

Just to clarify. This approach works fine (whether vlc or internal player) when I am in the 'shares' view of My Videos. It is only when I switch views to 'genre' or 'actors' that the iso's do not play. If I switch back to shares view, it plays again!

tony2k

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Both VLC as well as the mediaportal internal player can play iso files.

Just to clarify. This approach works fine (whether vlc or internal player) when I am in the 'shares' view of My Videos. It is only when I switch views to 'genre' or 'actors' that the iso's do not play. If I switch back to shares view, it plays again!

Okay... i didn't know that mediaportal could handle iso without a virtual drive. My MP will not play any of my dvd.iso files without mounting it... irrespective of the different views.

Clean

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
nvkris,

Did you ever get this resolved. i am trying to help someone with a similar problem. His ISOs play fine from MyVideos but will not play from within the TVSeries plugin. His log showed that VMR9 was not connecting to anything. We have checked every codec with DSFMgr, Filmerit and Graphedit and everything seems like it should be working so we are now stumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom