ISO handling, specifically Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Mevlock

Portal Member
March 30, 2007
I'm a long time mediaportal user but recently ran into a problem using the newer 1.1alpha/beta/svn versions.

For a long time now I've been mounting my blu-ray iso's in My Videos and letting autoplay in vista run TMT3 to play them. This has worked out quite well. After playing in TMT3 or PowerDVD exiting returns me to mediaportal.

The newer versions of mediaportal however seem to mouting isos and then attempting to playback whatever is on the iso natively. This is resulting in either a non-responsive mediaportal with the alpha, or with the beta/svn versions even stranger behaviour, it unmounts the iso if it can't play it natively before TMT3 can even start playback. So I just get an error message about codec support in mp and then TMT3 popping up complaining there's no disc to play!

Before I start posting bug reports and or support requests I'd just like to know if this is actually intended behaviour or not? That perhaps just needs tweaking, maybe mp can to check if an iso is a blu-ray one or not before it tries to playback the contents. Or maybe an option NOT to attempt playback of isos?

There's an actual support post here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/deamon-tools-mounting-win7-rtm-72101/

by someone else who is seeing the same problem. Note it happens on Vista as well not just Win7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom