Iso mounts then unmounts before playback starts in TMT3... (1 Viewer)

MON5TER

Portal Member
September 8, 2010
Home Country
Hi all,

I would be so grateful of any help...

I have run this set-up for over a year and all has been ok. I recently changed from Vista to Windows 7 and have been having problems configuring Mediaportal.

I have Total Media Theatre set as an external player for Blu-ray iso's. I use Virtual Clone Drive to mount the images.

The iso mounts, TMT3 opens and I get a message from TMT3 'please insert a valid disc and try again'

Strangely, if I have Mediaportal so it is not in full screen and I open 'my computer' I can see that the iso mounts and the name of the film appears next to the virtual drive letter, briefly. Then it vanishes as if the image has been unmounted and then the TMT3 message appears.

I have uninstalled Virtual Clone Drive and instaled Daemon Tools, reconfigured MPortal and the exact same thing happens...

I am using Moving Pictures and appear to have the external player correctly mapped along with the %filename%.

Any help would be really appreciated I have spent hours on this but I must be missing something. i am sure I had it set up like this before but it was fine then...

PS If I manually mount an iso and open TMT3 it plays fine...

henrik4223

Portal Pro
May 7, 2007
I have the exact same problem - I use the standard win7 codecs for video and audio playback.

I only happends on some .img files but not all....

Henrik

Exept that I use deamon tool

MON5TER

Portal Member
September 8, 2010
Home Country
I have still not managed to get this completely resolved...

I now have a clean install of Media Portal and 'updated' to 1.2 Beta. Menu response is much faster with this release!

However, I am still having the same issue with launching the external player from Moving Pictures.

The external player path is: C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uDTStart.exe

TMT3 launches but does not play. The mounted image seems to un-mount...

If I simply change the external player path to: C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe

... it works perfectly however the TMT3 interface is a visual match for Windows Media Centre. I much prefer the 'normal' TMT3 interface with the progress bar along the bottom.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled TMT3 just to be sure but still the same problem.

I can make do with the Media Centre style for now but would much prefer to have the normal interface.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be gratefully received

MontanaVike

Portal Member
February 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have this same problem using Daemon Tools. If you watch the virtual drive in explorer you can see the ISO mount and then unmount almost immediately. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using MP 1.2b. Just did a fresh install of Win 7 and everything needed. Just trying to get DVD Image playback to work now.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

MontanaVike

Portal Member
    February 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello, thanks for the reply. I got it working by switching from Daemon Tools to VCD. Not sure what the issue was because Daemon worked fine before I did the fresh install.

MON5TER

Portal Member
    September 8, 2010
    Home Country
    I have installed the 1.2RC edition and... still the same problem. :(

It is very frustrating. Everything else seems to be working beautifully.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have tested on 1.2.0RC with TMT5 and didn't reproduce your issue.
    I have set in Moving Pictures : in advanced options :
    External Player Arguments : "%root%"
    External Player Path : C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe
    With this, i can start BD from ISO and RIPPED one.

Also, i use Virtual Clone Drive and set like screenshot and Virtual Drive * - MediaPortal Wiki

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\Daemon.exe
    K: is my virtual BDDrive.
    Moving Pictures /MP load the ISO start TMT5 and unmount after closing it.

Can you post log please, the most important are movingpictures.log, MediaPortal.log and error.log (set it as Debug log).
    Thanks,
    Seb.

Attachments

• VCD.jpg
      VCD.jpg
      88.5 KB

MrZepLed

March 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

This problem isn't exclusively related to external players, i think.

My dvd iso files mount's then unmounts immediatly when using Moving Pictures with internal player.
    Manually mounting them in Daemon Tools and playing them with Windows Media Player works just fine.

Mediaportal 1.2.0 RC
    Moving Pictures 1.2.3
    Daemon Tools
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I've attached the logs. Strangely, there was no error.log.

I hope someone can help.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi effectively it's strange lol.

Could you try to disable Plugin (like WIFI_REMOTE etc.) ? and maybe update your movingpictures plugin.
    It can happen also on strange codec config (like MP can't start playing video so it stop it and unmount ISO) try different video config too :)
    Seb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom