ISO movies using Deamon tools and playlists? (1 Viewer)

bond007taz

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am a noob. I just loaded up MediaPortal for the first time this weekend and it took a while to get it to work. Funny enough I couldnt get it work correctly under XP so i installed Vista and it works great and is very smooth. However, there is a hurdle I have not been able to figure out:

Question: has anyone been able to add ISO's to their playlist and have the next ISO movie start? I am using Deamon tools (latest version) to watch my ISOs and the playlist function works but does not go to the next movie, so it just plays one. I am using the latest build of MP and the latest SVN

NOTE: I was gonna try and load Nero Showtime on my machine to see if that works with the playlist for ISOs but the reason I am using Deamon tools to view my ISO's is because I cant get subtitles to work when I have Nero installed - Deamon tools is great and fast and has all the menu options like next chapter and subtitles. I dont get the subtitles option with Nero installed - must be a codec issue.

armyofme

Portal Pro
January 21, 2006
York
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I ripped my movies as iso files but noticed a few problems. I downloaded the pics for my films but when you upgrade to a new svn you seem to lose these (which you don't with other movie files). Not sure why this is.

blahh

Portal Member
November 17, 2007
I had issues similar to this in the past. I found that the latest verison (or full blown version) of Daemon tools did not work for me. I am now running Daemon tools lite 3.47 and It works now with MP nicely. Simply had to point MP Configuration->General->Daemon tools to C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
I've been using MP with DVD ISOs for quite some time. ISOs do NOT work in MP like other file formats. ISOs do not work in a playlist, nor does the next file start after one finished when using the stacking feature. In all cases, they get to the end and are done. They don't even stop themselves and go back to the videos screen - they just go to all black.

It's just something I've learned to live with, and never reported as a bug or a feature request.

Milhouse

bond007taz

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Colorado
Home Country
They don't even stop themselves and go back to the videos screen - they just go to all black.

It's just something I've learned to live with, and never reported as a bug or a feature request.

Milhouse

Oh, crap... you are right. I guess i built this machine for nothing. I tried a box before XBMC that would also stop after an ISO was done and that drove my wife crazy. Guess I am wasting my time with MediaPortal (man... all that work...)

armyofme

Portal Pro
January 21, 2006
York
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Would you not consider converting your iso's to another format?

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
Yes, it seems a pretty trivial thing to throw out MP for. There are a lot of media software (even Apple's Front Row) that don't do ISO at all. I would seriously consider learning to press the "Stop" button on the remote, or convert to another format to increase the wife acceptance factor. (ISOs just never seem to be wife friendly for some reason.)

MP is a really nice package, even if there are a few oversights like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom