ISO Playack Problem Bluray & DVD (1 Viewer)

leftfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2008
    I Use PDVD9 to play DVD and Bluray ISOs. Through MyVideos DVD& Bluray works fine. Through Moving Pictures the ISO is mounted with Daemon but nothing happens afterwards. I can't see anything in the Winddows application log to show PDVD shut down abnormally so I'm sure it isn't even firing.

I note tomhai has a similar issue but I've posted this separately because I don't see any error message and Blu Ray does not work for me. It looks like a different issue.

I've done an example with a normal DVD ISO and attached the most obviious logs but if I've missed any please let me know.

:D

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    what are you using as your virtual drive letter? and does it match with what you have setup in mediaportal?

leftfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2008
    what are you using as your virtual drive letter? and does it match with what you have setup in mediaportal?

:oops: That was the issue. I've missed it when reinstalling. I did have drive 0 set but not the drive letter.

One thing though, when I had the problem I used Windows to Autoplay Powerdvd when DVD Movie/Blu ray inserted. This was a decent workaround but had a few limitations. Now using MP to execute PowerDVD there are a few problems:

1. I have a strange issue with Daemon Tools and PowerDVD 9. I use the cinema Skin for PDVD 9 which will only appear when executing PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe (shortcut that Cyberlink installs points to this exe too). If I use this exe instead of PowerDVD9.exe then for some reason Daemon Tools doesn't seem to mount the ISO. Happens with DVD and blu ray. I thought I was going mad so I have reversed changes and put it back several times and it is definitely the 2nd exe that somehow interferes with Daemon mounting the ISO. I appreciate this may not be the correct place to post this particular issue but it happens in these circumstances only.
    2. If I stick with PowerDVD9.exe which forces the default skin (which looks pretty poor) MP minimises back to show the windows desktop whilst PowerDVD starts. Using cinema skin, MP would stay there which looked more seamless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom