ISO's blank after opening menu (20 century fox..etc..) (1 Viewer)

theruckman

Portal Member
August 31, 2009
I am trying to configure Media Slayer to rip ISO's, it rips them FAST and says "successful". I am using DVD43 (since its free and seems to decrypt my old DVD's just fine (smiley face every time). When I go to play the ISO (configured Virtual Clone Drive in MP config) the movie starts up just fine and shows "20 Century Fox, or "Dreamworks"...any of that stuff that is @ the beginning of any/all movies....BUT when the actual movie starts, it plays audio but no video (black). AND before u ask, I DL AnyDVD, same thing. Weird thing is SOME ISO's play the menu, some don't....I ripped Catch Me if You Can and it plays SOMETIMES and sometimes, blank screen with audio. I am thinking its codecs or whatever. Just want to stick to the ISO deal. I love how fast it rips and no loss of quailty -unless there are any better suggestions.

:D

Scott

DreD

Portal Member
April 20, 2006
Älmhult
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have the same issue with some movies... Everything is ok until I get to the menu.. sometimes it works by just starting the movie, sometimes by choosing another option in the menu and sometime I have to restart the movie all over..
I have no idea what it is.. but I feel that it started when I installed the latest version of media portal... I could be wrong though, I hope so..

theruckman

Portal Member
August 31, 2009
Hey man, that post is so old now, found SUCH a better way of doing it. In a nutshell, here's what I ended up doing:

1) DL DVDFab FREE ed
2) Rip movies that way - choose rip to HD, will dump to a "Main Movie" folder
3) install Moving Pictures, have it monitor the Main Movie Folder
3) Bascially u are going to have MUCH less prbs using VOB files with Media Portal than ISO files
4) ALSO not dealing with the whole "DVD Mounting" prg is great to

hope this helps

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom