Issue on AIFF tagging (1 Viewer)

Madien

Portal Member
July 14, 2010
Dear all
I am a new member; I discovered MPtagThat recently and I was quite impressed by this powerful tool.

I still have an issue and need your help :

I have hundreds of AIFF albums and do not managed to have the "artist name" with Foobar.

Information was added when I ripped all the albums through iTunes. So I don't know why I can have this information on Foobar now.

Someone could explain me how to get this information and update the tags so that they can be recognised by Foobar ?

Many thanks
Madien

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Madien,

can you upload one AIFF file to a free file hoster and PM me the link please.
    i will have then a look at it.
    iirc, when i developed the AIFF support it was working for me very well.

regards,

Helmut

Madien

Portal Member
    July 14, 2010
    Many thanks Helmut, this is very nice of you

I don't think there is an issue with MPTagThat; I just don't know how to make Foobar work with the AIFF tags.

All my music files work fine with iTunes. If there is something I can do with MPTagThat to workaround this issue with Foobar, it would be perfect.

I'm trying to upload one of my AIFF file if you still want to have a look.

Madien

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Madien,

you're right. It is not a problem of MPTagTHat. The file is tagged correctly.
    Maybe foobar has troubles with the slash in AC/DC.
    Use MPTagThat to remove it and change it temporary to ACDC.

Note: You might also choose saving of the tags in ID3 2.4 format. Here the slash in a tag is handled differently.
    But then yoiu might have troubles with iTunes, which at least for early 9.x versions still was using 2.3 format.

regards,

Helmut

Madien

Portal Member
    July 14, 2010
    Many thanks Helmut

The issue is that it doesn't work with all the files. Not only the AC/DC ones. I have no artist name, no picture at all.

I am quite lost. On the screen , it is written PCM but all files are in AIFF ??

Madien

Madien

Portal Member
    July 14, 2010
    Re : Issue on AIFF tagging

No I didn't try another player as I need Foobar and its plugins to do room correction in my room with Ozone 4 particularly.

I have to find the solution to use Foobar correctly with AIFF files but I am lost !

Madien

Portal Member
    July 14, 2010
    Re : Issue on AIFF tagging

Hello
    I have just tried to create a new copy in WAVE format this time with EAC and I have still the same issue. Impossble to read or add tags in Foobar.
    I am totally lost !

I have around 800 CD in AIFF; I was ready to convert all of them in WAVE with EAC but it still does not work with Foobar !!!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    WAV Files have no ability for tagging, so this is not an option.
    Conversion to FLAC might help you, but you would loose some quality converting AIFF -> WAV -> FLAC

Have you asked foobar community about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom