Issue on Playing Music (1 Viewer)

dim_n

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Greece Greece
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a strange behavior in music Playing (an all plug-ins playing music such as radio time). I have a MCE Live and just formatted to Windows Vista (seems to be the better OS for these machines, I have tried Windows XP and Windows 7 but they do not seems to works fine with MediaPortal). From the first day Videos are played perfect but music is not played acceptable.
When I try to play music it does not heard “smoothly”. I have little stops and some noise (“bass enlargement”) in some spots (like hearing from an LP).
I assumed that it was my codecs (I am using KLite). This was not leading me anywhere because Media Player plays these files perfectly.
I think that the issue was in the internal MP Player. I have tried to switch to other player (Internal Player, Bass player, Pure Audio and finally WinAmp). Nothing at all. All have the same behavior. The strange thing is that when I am using winamp plugin the plugin opens a winamp player. Media portal (that uses winamp application) can’t hear the music (stops an chick-chicks) and when I stop music close MP (alt-f4) and resume music from the open winamp (that mp uses to play the music) plays perfectly.
I read somewhere in the forum that if you play a video first and then play the music solves some issues. In my case does not work.
In my previous installations (XP and 7) I have never had that issue.
I am using:
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: Avalon
Windows Version: Vista Home
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: MCI Live
Video Card: on board
Sound Card: on board
Sound Card AC3: on board
Any suggestions? Any Ideas? Something…….

Thanks in advance.
:D

dim_n

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Greece Greece
I have just update everything in my PC (windows, MP 1.2.3 and plugins) and works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom