Issue: Recently Added not Updating (1 Viewer)

STANirvanaIND

Portal Member
March 1, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi everyone,

I have an issue on one of my MP computers where the "Recently Added" section is never updated, it just always displays the same episodes (in this case Game of Thrones S1). No amount of configuration has been able to change this. TV Series is configured (on this unit, hoping to push this system to others after bugs are worked out) to have one watch folder with symbolic links as subfolders each of which contain my media files housed on the server (so they appear to be on the computer itself rather than a network drive or share). The database itself was actually taken from a different unit (the main/server, hoping to separate these roles once this bug is worked out and the database can be copied) and manually edited to have the appropriate paths (exported SQL table/data, made changes, imported back into database), which has worked perfectly aside from this annoyance.

Since its only occurring on a secondary/satellite MP computer it hasn't been a major issue (I can always check "Recently Aired" for most things since they're generally new episodes), but since I plan on copying this database to the main MP pc this will be an issue that has to be solved. All other views work except for the recently added (InfoService is also showing the Game of Thrones files as being recently added on the home screen).

Anybody have an idea why this could be occurring?

My setup is as follows:
Mediaportal 1.9 using StreamedMP skin --------Although this issue has been happening since it was installed on this PC, ~v1.4 of MP
-TV Series 4.0.2 (has been happening since earlier versions)

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The recently added info on MediaPortal 'Home' screen and such is not done by MP-TVSeries, but by other plugins such as LastMediaHandler by cul8er.

Perhaps your settings are off, forgot to update that plugin, or a corrupt database for that plugin. For me that one corrupted often, which was the reason for me to write an auto backup/restore database script (available on forum), so my odds are on that.

STANirvanaIND

Portal Member
    March 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply RoChess, and yes the issue wasn't so much with the home screen but with the "Recently Added" view in TV Series itself which doesn't display any new media (the homescreen just displays whatever media appears in this view). I'm assuming its probably a database corruption and I'll just have to rebuild it, but I'd love to avoid that if I could...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Run SQLite command PRAGMA INTEGRITY to see if the database is corrupt at a low level.

STANirvanaIND

Portal Member
    March 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi RoChess, I ran "pragma integrity_check" and all that the command does is go to the next line with the following text: "...>" (no quotes) with a blinking cursor. Is this correct? I tried running just "pragma integrity" and it produces the same result.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any chance of getting the latest media built into tvseries rather than relying on latestmediainfo plugin ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi RoChess, I ran "pragma integrity_check" and all that the command does is go to the next line with the following text: "...>" (no quotes) with a blinking cursor. Is this correct? I tried running just "pragma integrity" and it produces the same result.

#1 open command window at sqlite3.exe tool (or open SQLite visual program)
    #2 load database via: sqlite3.exe "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\[filename-of-database-you-want-to-check].db3"

SQLite version xx.yy.zz
    Enter ".help" for instructions
    Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
    sqlite> pragma integrity_check;
    ok
    sqlite>

The "ok" is all you will get when database is good.

I have written a batch file (it is on the forum somewhee) that auto checks all databases and makes auto-backup when they check out 'ok', and auto-restores last known good backup when they fail. Never again suffer from problems :)

STANirvanaIND

Portal Member
    March 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Hey RoChess,

Thanks for the reply, I figured out I was being an idiot and just not terminating the command correctly. Thanks again for the detailed steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom