Issue with coverart of some movies (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Issue with coverart of some movies

Are you sure you deleted the correct thumbs folder? The folder location changed between versions of MediaPortal so maybe you deleted thumbs from the old folder?

Yes -> "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\Thumbs\" And the new thumbs are generated in this folder, so it must be the right one!
    But it is odd, because it happened only wit some movies (~ 10 percent) and there is no difference in the folder structure!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There are two folders, Covers\Thumbs and Covers\FullSize, try deleting both.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Well can you then create a zip file with all the stuff in one of your movie folders that are having the issue. You can leave out the movie but it would help if you could create a txt file with the same name and stick that in the ZIP instead.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Issue with coverart of some movies

Well can you then create a zip file with all the stuff in one of your movie folders that are having the issue. You can leave out the movie but it would help if you could create a txt file with the same name and stick that in the ZIP instead.

Of course!

[Edit] i have forgotten the .txt file! The movie is named "Wüstenblume.mkv"

Attachments

• Blume.rar
      8.4 MB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Well I can easily reproduce the error, and this is extremely strange. The full size cover is actually loading in fine (you can verify this by double clicking the image in the Movie Manager). It's just the thumbnail that is wrong. The weird part is this occurs even if all other images are deleted. It's as if there is some secondary full DVD cover image embedded in this image that is for some reason being used in the thumbnail generation process. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't step through the code and see it for myself.

Where did this image come from Helios61? Was this downloaded with some other program?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Issue with coverart of some movies

This is really strange! All "folder.jpg" here i have edited by myself with Corel Photopaint x4 from the covers in the "cover folder"! All "folder.jpg" are write protected and have the same dimensions! Some covers i have scanned, other loaded from web!

Thanks for your effort, fforde! I think i have to edit the folder.jpg again!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    It's an extremely strange issue. :/ If you edit the JPGs again and still have the problem let me know.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Issue with coverart of some movies

Hi!
    Now i have reworked all the covers! If i delete now the Covers\Thumbs folder, does MovingPictures create new thumbs or must i add the covers in musicmanager by hand?

Best regards

Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom