Issue with Hyperion setup, looking for possible troubleshooting (2 Viewers)

winblox10

September 9, 2017
Home Country
Australia Australia
So I've been building my own Ambilight setup using OSMC with Hyperion and WS2081 LEDs however I came upon a hiccup once I set it all up. When plugging the LED into the Raspberry Pi, I get an output that looks something like this: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Some of the lights are powered (however they don't function as per Hyperion), some of them are half powered and some are off. I tested all the LEDs beforehand using an Arduino and all of them are functioning correctly, so it's likely something to do with my setup.
I was wondering if anybody had advice regarding possible steps of troubleshooting steps I could look into, rather than just pulling the whole thing down and resoldering all the connectors.
Thanks guys.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi :)

Best to post this on the hyperion forums here as more are Hyperion users are active there:

Hardware Support

Also recommend to include Hyperion config file there with some additional info like:

- How it's wired up
    - Raspberry version and OS
    - Using Arduino in between or SPI?

First guess is that it's an raspberry wiring issue so would double check with this:

http://awesomepi.com/wp-content/upl...bilight_ws2801_raspberry_pi_howto_connect.png

Since we know it works with an Arduino LED corner connections and such should be fine, no need to re-do those :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    There was no change obviously related to it, but maybe something as the fixed user management or similar made it.
    There was no change obviously related to it, but maybe something as the fixed user management or similar made it.
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
    Replies
    Views
    I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while coming round about as the are sometimes a few patches that apply to a specific problem and sometimes need to be applied in a specific order for the fix to be successful. Do this for all the plugins you would...
    I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while...
    Hi everyone. I am a big fan of MediaPortal. I have been using it for several years now and I hope to do so in the future. I have a...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy them to. Can anyone point me in the right direction as my memory of the config is hazy and probably out of date anyway.
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy...
    I just installed MP2 yesterday. Getting the digital tuner going went pretty straight forward. Right now I mainly have 2 issues as...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom