Issue with Hyperion setup, looking for possible troubleshooting (1 Viewer)

winblox10

September 9, 2017
Home Country
Australia Australia
So I've been building my own Ambilight setup using OSMC with Hyperion and WS2081 LEDs however I came upon a hiccup once I set it all up. When plugging the LED into the Raspberry Pi, I get an output that looks something like this: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Some of the lights are powered (however they don't function as per Hyperion), some of them are half powered and some are off. I tested all the LEDs beforehand using an Arduino and all of them are functioning correctly, so it's likely something to do with my setup.
I was wondering if anybody had advice regarding possible steps of troubleshooting steps I could look into, rather than just pulling the whole thing down and resoldering all the connectors.
Thanks guys.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi :)

Best to post this on the hyperion forums here as more are Hyperion users are active there:

Hardware Support

Also recommend to include Hyperion config file there with some additional info like:

- How it's wired up
    - Raspberry version and OS
    - Using Arduino in between or SPI?

First guess is that it's an raspberry wiring issue so would double check with this:

http://awesomepi.com/wp-content/upl...bilight_ws2801_raspberry_pi_howto_connect.png

Since we know it works with an Arduino LED corner connections and such should be fine, no need to re-do those :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom