[confirm] Issue with music track thumps in MP client. (1 Viewer)

cronqvist

Portal Member
September 22, 2008
Denmark
When having more artists separetet with semicolon in the "Contributing Artists" tag in a mp3 file, MediaPortal client will not show the file with a thump image. As soon as I remove the semicolon or the extra artists, the thump image shows up again. I have added a screendump clearly illustrating the issue.

The seperating of artists with semicolon I guess is a standard way of seperating contributing artists in mp3 files, or maybe its af Windows thing... I dont know. But I see it in many mp3 files.

The bug has also been present in previous versions of the client.

I know this is not at very importent bug, but this is a very fine mediacenter software and it would be nice to see it totally bug free ;)

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: BlueWide3
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz running at ~1833 MHz.
HDD: Samsung HD400LJ 500GB
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
Video Card Driver: 7.14.10.1437
Sound Card: Realtel High Definition Audio
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.5391
1. TV Card: FireDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 4.8.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: YOUSEE Cable TV
HTPC Case: Vision
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: Samsung
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Attachments

• MusicTrackThumps1.png
    MusicTrackThumps1.png
    324.2 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Unfortunately this is the way MP is designed. Artist thumbs only work based on the whole tag so is you have a;b;c it is looking for a thumb called a;b;c.jpg assuming the artist is "a;b;c"

Edit:Now I am not so sure.... I was thinking that the contributing artist tag does not get used by MP but I am not sure if this does get mapped to the artist tag. I will do a little digging... Either way I think thumbs will be an issue as if there are three artists, which thumb should it look for?

cronqvist

Portal Member
    September 22, 2008
    Denmark
    Okay. I just wundered why there is no issue when the seperating is done by comma instead of semicolon?! And second....why use the "Contributing Artists" tag that are supposed to have multiple artists listed? Why not use the "Album Artist" tag?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Okay. I just wundered why there is no issue when the seperating is done by comma instead of semicolon?! And second....why use the "Contributing Artists" tag that are supposed to have multiple artists listed? Why not use the "Album Artist" tag?

I will look at this a bit more but I think it depends on what view you are using. Also I think WMP tags might be treated differently. I had a quick play earlier and I edited a "contributing artist" tag in WMP but could not see this as a valid ID3V2 tag inside of any other program. I think that MP (well I think it is TagLib we use to pick up tags) maps this to the artist tag.

This is all because there is no real consensus on whether tags should contain multiple values and if they do how they are handled. AIUI ID3V2.3 uses / to separate values (hence why AC/DC often gets turned into two artists) where as 2.4 uses a null byte character...

I will do some more testing when I get the chance but would be interesting if you could have a look at the tags in something like MPTagThat and see what values you have. Then match this up to the views you are using...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom