Issue with playback: "The requested network name is no longer available" (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Right now, I'm having issues with MovingPictures playing back my movies. I haven't noticed this until the Christmas holidays because I personally mostly use MP TV-Series and the kids watch movies using My Videos (so they won't find any horror movies while browsing). As the TV Season is taking a break, I've finally had some time to watch movies, and in my setup, I only use Moving Pictures for "my" movies. All our media is stored on my NAS on a wired network.

Now, playing back a movie using My Videos is flawless every time, but playing back movies using Moving Pictures will always end the movie prematurely. As I'm watching these films with my girlfriend, getting the logs etc. is difficult, as the law of WAF requires me to get the movie back on ASAP. But, I've narrowed it down to this:

[2013-12-29 22:25:17,675] [Log ] [57 ] [DEBUG] - fileSystemWatcher_Error path \\emphaticnas\filmer 2\the.hangover.part.iii.2013.720p.bluray.dts.x264 exception=System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Det angivna nätverksnamnet är inte längre tillgängligt
    [2013-12-29 22:25:17,676] [Log ] [57 ] [DEBUG] - RemoveWatcher \\emphaticnas\filmer 2\the.hangover.part.iii.2013.720p.bluray.dts.x264
    [2013-12-29 22:25:17,710] [Log ] [57 ] [DEBUG] - RemoveWatcher removing folders from cache=\\emphaticnas\filmer 2\the.hangover.part.iii.2013.720p.bluray.dts.x264

"Det angivna nätverksnamnet är inte längre tillgängligt" translates to "The requested network name is no longer available".

My kids have watched A LOT of movies without any interruptions through My Videos (browsing by Shares), so I'm guessing it's some kind of database issue? At first I thought it was my NAS (I've never had this problem when I was using USB drives with my HTPC) but as it never happens with the kids' movies, it must be something else...

Edit: Found a setting (screenshot attached) that hopefully will fix things.

Emph

Attachments

• settings.jpg
      settings.jpg
      68.4 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom