Issues with Mediaportal 1.3.0 beta and Argus TV (1 Viewer)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When I startup MePo 1.3.0b it searches for the tvserver (which is installed but disabled). So in 1.3.0a it emptied the tv client hostname. But now it doesn't

Even if i remove it manually and startup mediaportal, go to a tv channel it says it can't connect to the tv service, and when i go back to the settings screen the hostname is filled again.

So when i deinstalled the tvserver/tvclient from the system it works again. Hummm.. not so sure it's a bug or just a different approach.

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If the tvplugin is enabled, then it will fill in hostname.

Especially if you have not re-installed ARGUS TV to overwrite MP's own tvplugin which is mandotory for connection.

See picture version ID's match, even if the copyright still says 4TR, another thing Dot.i must have missed ;)

sshot-6.png

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am about to close this because we do not give support for ArgusTV. It is a very ugly hack by them to replace MP-Binaries, instead of coding a decent solution, which means their own MP-Plugin.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    And of course infinite.loop is right, this is not a bug report, as it involves ARGUS, my mistake, tired should have spotted which forum it was in.

Anyway answer still stands, just no reason to delete post any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom