Issues with MP1.7.* Install/Hotfix upgrade (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    After totally reinstalling W& 64bit on my HTPC (trying to get it to resume from standby/hibernate: no success -but I digress) I did a clean install of v1.7.0, then installed hotfix today (I did stop TVService before installation).

I have two issues:

1) I am also suffering from MP not setting into fullscreen mode during splashscreen. Once loaded, the basic home-screen does become fullscreen. However, when playing back movies/any video, the aspect ratio is incorrect. I have to change to stretch to get the closest to the correct ratio. After reopening MP, it operates as it should with respect to this issue.

2) Using MCE remote, the programme loses focus. After loading recordedTV/or any video, I have to re-press the green button to regian focus. This happens whenever I attempt fast forward/rewind. When I stop the video, the programme hangs for 2-5 seconds. Again, I press the home button to resolve this.
    -not sure if this has anything to with the splashscreen not gaining focus after initially starting MP via remote: this has been an issue with my HTPC over various MP versions (since around v1.2.3, or so), and builds. Will try reinstalling MPfocus (not the always executable, as I've already tried this to no success.

Both of these issues are present regardless whether StreamedMP of the Titan skin is set as native.

nb. as a side note, I am also having issues with the LAV audio filters (61.*) introducing AV sync issues. This is especially prevalent when watching New Zealand's TV3 news. The announcer's voices are out of sync, whilst any speaker's voices in recorded editorials are nearly in-sync.Also, movies can become asynchronous over time time during watching. If I stop, then restarty, the audio again becomes synchronous.

I don't expect any resolution around my side-notes. I believe this is to do with the filters themselves, as this issue is also present with their latter versions on my original OS install. I circumvetented this issue with AC3filter. I have tried to rectify it using SAF6.2.3 codecs: same issues.

This is about supplying as full information as possible for those who are knowledgeable to fix any bugs.

I believe I will revert back to the latest image of my original OS install, as it did not fix my standby issues. I have included the logs.

Thanks for any attempts to resolve these issues (y)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom