Issues with RMVB playback (1 Viewer)

aslro

Portal Member
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Since upgrading from Mepo 1.23, it took nearly 20 second to start playing any RMVB files.

How do we change RMVB playback to other codec instead of LAV?

Mepo 1.2.3 is using gabest codec which is work beautifully.

I can't move on to the latest version of Mediaportal 1.3+, 1.4 and 1.5 because of the codec issues.

Any guru can help?

aslro

Portal Member
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Tried that but there isn't any option for Realvideo MPC codec on the list. I am using SAF6 and able to play rmvb with Mediaplayer Classic without any issues

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You could try disabling Real Media support in the LAV splitter settings and/or in the LAV video/audio decoder settings - this will force MP to try using another splitter or decoder (if one is available in your system). The LAV settings are available via the wrench/screwdriver icons in MP config->codecs, or using the LAV start menu shortcuts.

aslro

Portal Member
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    You could try disabling Real Media support in the LAV splitter settings and/or in the LAV video/audio decoder settings - this will force MP to try using another splitter or decoder (if one is available in your system). The LAV settings are available via the wrench/screwdriver icons in MP config->codecs, or using the LAV start menu shortcuts.
    I tried disable the LAV to play RMVB under the LAV config but it said error when playing RMVB. Weird!! Although i can play rmvb with the Mediaplayer Classic without any issues

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Current versions of MPC-HC - the modern version of Mediaplayer Classic - use LAV, but the filters from an older version can be downloaded here - http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/files/Standalone Filters - Win32/Filters_v1.6.8_x86/

I don't know which ones you need for RMVB support - do some searching. You have to manually 'register' each filter you want to use with Windows - see https://msmvps.com/blogs/chrisl/pages/12013.aspx (you must use an administrator-level command prompt for this).

aslro

Portal Member
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    That's why i am saying, MPC-HC used the correct codec and i don't have issues with the playback.
    But Mediaportal used the incorrect codec which caused the slowness.

edited : by the way, rvmb is using RealMediaSplitter.ax for video and LAV for audio

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    but old MPC-HC versions (with own codecs, not LAV ones) came in 2 versions - with built-in codecs and with external codecs. SO if you use 1st variant, with built-in codecs, then those are not available for any other software.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    edited : by the way, rvmb is using RealMediaSplitter.ax for video and LAV for audio

So register the 'RealMediaSplitter.ax' filter from the MPC-HC filter package, and disable RealMedia support in LAV splitter - this should force to use MP the MPC-HC splitter for rvmb.

Also make sure the 'Manually select Source and Splitter filters' box is not ticked in the video codec settings - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/0_Video_Codecs

aslro

Portal Member
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    So register the 'RealMediaSplitter.ax' filter from the MPC-HC filter package, and disable RealMedia support in LAV splitter - this should force to use MP the MPC-HC splitter for rvmb.
    Tried that and not working.................Argh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom