Issues with streaming (1 Viewer)

Elderain

Portal Member
October 17, 2011
I just purchased Ampdroid Pro and ran through all the setup documents. It all appears to be working well except when I actually get to download/stream any content, which is kind of the point :D . I can go through all the menu's, see what's on my HTPC, it shows all the content, banners, pictures, etc... but when I stream anything it says "Stream Failed" instantly, and I get these errors via the log.

2013-02-19 21:27:28.18457 [(15)] WARN: ExtractImage: Source mediatype=TVEpisode provider=6 id=152831_2x1 filetype=Content offset=0 path=Z:\Adventure Time\season 2\Adventure Time - 2x01 - It Came from the Nightosphere {C_P} (720p).mkv (resolved to path Z:\Adventure Time\season 2\Adventure Time - 2x01 - It Came from the Nightosphere {C_P} (720p).mkv) doesn't exists
2013-02-19 21:27:28.18847 [(16)] WARN: ExtractImage: Source mediatype=TVEpisode provider=6 id=152831_2x1 filetype=Content offset=0 path=Z:\Adventure Time\season 2\Adventure Time - 2x01 - It Came from the Nightosphere {C_P} (720p).mkv (resolved to path Z:\Adventure Time\season 2\Adventure Time - 2x01 - It Came from the Nightosphere {C_P} (720p).mkv) doesn't exists
2013-02-19 21:27:30.30566 [(16)] WARN: Trying to load mediainfo for mediatype=TVEpisode provider=6 id=152831_2x1 filetype=Content offset=0 path=Z:\Adventure Time\season 2\Adventure Time - 2x01 - It Came from the Nightosphere {C_P} (720p).mkv, which doesn't seem to exist

For reference the actual file name is: Z:\Adventure Time\Season 2\Adventure Time - 2x01 - It Came from the Nightosphere {C_P} (720p).mkv
The Z: on the HTPC is a mapped network drive (which is always connected and has login credentials saved)
I can play it via MediaPortal just fine, I can browse to the network drives just fine. It has the login credentials in the network drive configuration section (and technically the login credentials in the box are on both the local machine running MP and the machine that has the network drives).

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Mapped network drives are not yet supported by MPExtended... It will be possible to use them with 0.6, but until then you have to use unc paths.

Elderain

Portal Member
    October 17, 2011
    Is there a vague ETA on the .6 version? Debating if I want to go change my media portal setup or just wait it out.

Elderain

Portal Member
    October 17, 2011
    I changed over to the UNC paths today, and it's made some progress. I'm seeing 2 new issues now. I get what is the start of streaming, then it dies. I've tried the 3 different profiles of quality - Android FFmpeg shows the opening frame and a blip of sound, then stops. Android VNC shows the opening frame then nothing. HTTP Live Streaming gave me about 5 seconds of video and sound then stopped dead. The top right corner shows "preparing video" then "starting video" then it just hangs up as mentioned above.

The second issue I am seeing is that under my Videos category, it is showing me 5 movies that I previously had in the directory but do not exist anymore, but none of the files/folders currently in the directory. I'm just using the built in "Videos" option in MP. Similarly, if I click Movies, it shows an old movie that I watched before but no longer exists in files. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to show what is currently in the folders specified by MP setup. When I browse in MediaPortal, everything shows what is currently in the directory. I've tried clearing the cache in the ampdroid app.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Try streaming with option "external player".
    2. Deleting video files does not delete the database entrys of MyVideo.
    There's also a shares view in aMPdroid, there it should be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom