[fixed] Issues with WIFIREMOTE from aMPdroid? (1 Viewer)

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello

Since upgrading to aMPdroid 1.1 I have not been very successful in regaining control of Mediaportal, due to two issues:-

1) Wifiremote - aMPdroid keeps reporting 'Remote connection cannot be established' I have tried both version of Wifiremote 7.0 and 7.1 with no difference (on previous version of aMPdroid V1.0 this was not an issue and worked, obviously with different version of Wifiremote which I can't recall).
    2) Unable to stream/playback recordings - Since diebagger has given me a test version, I have been able to get playback of recorded programme to work, but can only used HTTP Live Streaming, previously I was able to use Android FFmpeg, which no longer works. Anyway, As I have tried using the official version of aMPdroid 1.1.1 I am not able to stream/playback anything, so this test version, that I have allows me to at least do that. NOTE: This log won't contain this issue, obviously the fix is in test APK version, just needs to be applied to official version (if further testing/debuging is require please let me know).

I am able to connect to Mediaportal via powermode and this works fine, and I have able to list and record TV scheduled, so this proves that connection to PC/Mediaportal is established and correct (and yes, I have gone thru all the troubleshooting procedure of MPextended - no issues).

I am using MPextended V0.5.2 and using mediaportal V1.2.1.0, on Windows 7 32bit and 63bit, as I have two PC with PC Mediaportal installed (yes both worked fine prior to the upgrade). Tablet device is a Sumsung Galaxy V10.1 with Android V4.0.4 (also have Nexus 7, but same issue).

As requested I enclosed both logs from Mediaportal and from Android while attempting to use 'Remote' or 'Connect Remote' option.

Attachments

• Log from Android 2013-01-25-16-02-06.txt
      65.3 KB

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    According to your MediaPortal log files WifiRemote isn't running... Have you started MediaPortal with the debug tool? The first option will disable ALL plugins...

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    Hi,

Well that does surprised me, since when did I have to enabled WifiRemote plugins, as I never had to do that, and it happened on both system? OK, so I went into Mediaportal Configuration and enabled it, and it works!! Excellent, I finally get the 'remote' function working!!

But I am staying on the test version, as this does allow me to stream recorded programme onto my tablets, the official version don't allow me to do this (aMPdroid V1.1.1).

Just as a point, if Mediaportal debug disables all plugins, then this defeats the object of doing the diagnostic in first place?

So will be looking forward to the official version when released!

Thanks!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well that does surprised me, since when did I have to enabled WifiRemote plugins, as I never had to do that, and it happened on both system? OK, so I went into Mediaportal Configuration and enabled it, and it works!! Excellent, I finally get the 'remote' function working!!
    It's always been that way...

But I am staying on the test version, as this does allow me to stream recorded programme onto my tablets, the official version don't allow me to do this (aMPdroid V1.1.1).
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...d-0-5-2-to-ampdroid.115601/page-2#post-960966

Just as a point, if Mediaportal debug disables all plugins, then this defeats the object of doing the diagnostic in first place?
    Well, MediaPortal Debug Mode is meant for debugging MediaPortal itself, not for debugging problems with plugins.

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    oxan said:
    Well, MediaPortal Debug Mode is meant for debugging MediaPortal itself, not for debugging problems with plugins.

Just following the process on "How to report a bug" from the aMPdroid section in Wiki....

"WifiRemote logs

If problems occur related to WifiRemote (remote control, play on pc, playlists,...) you also need to attach the MediaPortal log files. You can easily do this with the MediaPortal debug mode."

And it does state "in which only the default skin and plugins will be loaded".

So which is right here? :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Did you read the options you get in the MediaPortal debug mode?

Option 2 clearly says "Report a bug to a plugin developer or skin designer"

Last edited:

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    Would have done if that is what you wanted, but I don't see that this is what you ask for. Just states as follows:-

Just following the process on "How to report a bug" from the aMPdroid section in Wiki....

"WifiRemote logs

If problems occur related to WifiRemote (remote control, play on pc, playlists,...) you also need to attach the MediaPortal log files. You can easily do this with the MediaPortal debug mode."

And it does state "in which only the default skin and plugins will be loaded".

So which is right here? :)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, but it seems quite obvious to me that you need the option to report a bug to a plugin developer instead of the option to report a bug to MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom