RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody,

maybe this will be a short thread because I am the stupid that can't handle the music
    playlist and I would be pleased to get some hints to use it properly.
    I love my music collection and when such a collections exceeds a certain size you want to have
    a playlist or better different playlist for different occasions and moods.
    As for now I am struggeling to get a proper playlist setup working.
    -where can I create and name certain playlists? (e.g. Rock, Party and so on..)
    -I would expect to have a button "add song / album to playlist #..." when playing a song / album...
    where's that button?
    -subsequently I would want to play a specific playlist straight away from starting mp on
    So where would I find that button?
    And since mp is much about changing xml files I would have thought that there is a playlist
    file for that to edit the playlist outside of mediaportal?

I don't know if that's too demanding but I would thing that's the least a playlist should be capable of.
    But again - maybe I'm the stupid and one of you can tell me where I can find all this
    and make this thread a real short one...
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Rico

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Use MP browsing to build a playlist (F9 or ContextMenu and Add to Playlist)
    2. Use the hidden menu to go to the current playlist
    3. Save it using the menu
    4. Open it using Playlist entry

MP does not edit playlists very well (There is no way to say add this song to this playlist).

For quick playing you might look at the plugin "One Button Music".

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Allright now it has become a little clearer but the bottomline for me is:
    MP does not edit playlists very well (There is no way to say add this song to this playlist).
    Creating and editing playlists could me much easier!
    Granted I am not a developer but this can't be that complicated to develop....
    And I think playlists should have an own entry as a submenu or something similar so that it's easier to navigate to.
    And I still think that this is not too demanding for a media center solution....

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll do so but first I wanted to check if I have simply overseen the respective buttons and functions...

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    don't think you did... better handling of playlists would be great improvement. looks like the guys over there are talking about smart playlists as well. maybe your thoughts could be taken in account in the process.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom