iTunes: Duplicates and Syncing (1 Viewer)

quiller

Portal Pro
November 28, 2006
Nebraska
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm working on consolidating four separate iTunes libraries, which brings along a whole bunch of issues. The two I don't know how to solve, though, are really annoying:

1) Duplicates - Anyone that uses iTunes is probably familiar with duplicate entires, normally where there is only one file but multiple entries in-program. (Sometimes there are multiple files, as well, but the fix should apply to both instances.) You can use iTunes itself to show the duplicates, but then there's the problem of manually selecting every other one, deleting the files, etc.

2) Synchronization - Unlike so many other media players, iTunes can't automatically monitor a specific folder (or multiple folders, for that matter) and update itself. This is more problematic, as there aren't any alternatives beyond manual labor.

So, does anyone know of program(s) that would automate these tasks? I've seen ITSync, which does, but an open source or freeware option would be much cooler.

(Note: apologies if this is in the wrong forum...)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    So maybe I missed a point, but what has your problem to do with Mediaportal? I guess an Apple/iTunes-Forum would be more suitable for you.

quiller

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I know a lot of people use iTunes in conjunction with MP. If nobody has any insight, though, your point is valid.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Me too would be glad to have a good working solution of syncin' MP and iTunes. But afaik atm there is no way to get music from MP to iTunes or vice versa. Maybe you use the search function, there are some iTunes related threads.
    But I still guess to consolidate several iTunes-libraries is more a specific problem, which the typical MP-user dont have.
    In any case I wish you good luck and we both hope for some talented guy to code a iTunes plugin...

Regards,

Paloema

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom