itunes integration using apples sdk (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi

i was wondering if anyone was working on adding an itunes interface using the sdk, available here http://developer.apple.com/sdk/itunescomsdk.html
. i know nothing about the media portal project or sdks in gereral but i was wondering if some one else had started down this path already

thanks jc

A

Anonymous

iTunes

I'm also interested in this, if anyone has done any work on it...

From what I've seen it's quite easy to implement, but I know nothing about media portal, and probably wouldn't be able to figure it out easily!

Limewire was able to make use of it very quickly, and so was the team working on Xbox Media Center, hopefully we'll have it very soon in Media Portal!

Thanks,

jas8522

bergling

March 10, 2005
Yes, please!

I'm really looking forward for iTunes plugin.
Itunes is, in my opinion, the best music software available!

Cheers!

JulianBuss

Portal Pro
November 14, 2004
I'm just about looking into this.. the iTunes SDK seems to be simple. But I have to dig through C# and MediaPortal PlugIn-Development first... until now I coded in Java, VBA, VisualBasic, C, Pascal... so C# should not be a problem.
But I think I will need some time to dig through MediaPortal sources... seems to be quite much stuff :)

But what I think of is a kind of automatic synchronization between iTunes database and MediaPortal music database. I wish to have the same data in both. Until now I do this by using itunesExporter, which exports playlists to M3U.. but this is far, far from being perfect.

And I wish to have my iTunes meta data like the 5-star-ranking in MP, too.

I will start a seperate thread for this.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As of yesterday Mediaportal can use itunes as a player.
    Meaning if you select an m4a,m4p or other extention you set it to use MP will fire up Itunes in the background and start playing the song, pause, ff, rw also work.

Meaning,
    You can finally play the songs you bought in MediaPortal.

This is a first step, and I would also welcome more integration like playlists, ratings import etc etc.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Has anyone picked up development on something that will sync an ITunes database with the mediaportal one?

jimmydu3

Portal Member
    July 3, 2005
    I use this iTunes plugin, but the problem is with Playlists b/c there is not a playlist created by Media Portal. Ideally when you play a song through mediaportal, it would create a playlist called "MediaPortal Playlist". This way the music played is organized AND can be easily transferred to portable players.

I've used other apps (Predixis MusicMagic, Salling Clicker) which do this method and seems supported through the COM interface. Could anyone take a stab at this? Thanks, James

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As of yesterday MP can also load the albumart from m4a and m4p files.
    Looking mighty fine now for me :)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    MrMario64 said:
    As of yesterday MP can also load the albumart from m4a and m4p files.
    Looking mighty fine now for me :)

Does it work for mp3 files too?

I have been importing album artwork into itunes lately.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it has been working for MP3 for a long time allready
    you can scan and extract them in the config app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom