ITV player and 4od errors (1 Viewer)

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Hi,

Great plugin - iPlayer is working on my system like a charm and very impressed.

So far not such good progress with ITV player and 4od. They seem unable to properly browse the directories of programmes - I get 'no video' errors on ITV player but it's when it should be opening a list of programmes rather than starting a stream.

4od seems umable to browse - I get initial categories but can't enter any.

I'll put some logs together and post them but was just wondering - should they work? Does anyone else have them working?

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
April 12, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi,

ITV player doesn't seem to work here either.

For 4od you need to make sure you're using the "4oD Web" site (not sure why "4od" is still available), and you'll need to make sure you've entered you username and password in the site config.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Thank you. ITV player may be a login thing too then as I tried a few of the addresses in the ITV player settings using a web browser and it asked for a login. I hadn't worked out as yet where to put a login but you seem to be pointing me in the right direction with a site.config file. I'll put username and password in for both ITV player and 4od web and see if it improves. 5 on demand wasn't working either but it may be a similar issue.

BBC iPlayer is working very well - have to say this is a very rich featured plugin. I haven't come across any other software of this type (except on a premium subscription set top box) that has this kind of download and cache facility. Very impressed.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
OK so now ITV player needs a login it may be that the site needs updating beyond what I can do editing an XML file. Please could someone look at it? Or point me at some documentation for adding authentication into existing sites? It has a util="ITVPlayer" entry which I guess means it's pretty bespoke and coded somewhere?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll take a look at ITV Player, Demand 5 is broken and not fixable as they are encrypting the video streams

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom