ITV Player still not working for me (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Evening all.

3 months on and I still am having problems with ITV Player, Online Videos site. I am getting the "Unable to play the video. No URL." message.

I've attached my logs in the hope that someone who understands this far better than me can spot a glaring error.

Many thanks
    RH

Attachments

• log 20200626 1918.zip
      12.5 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sad to say you are not alone with the ITV problem, it seems the broadcaster changed something a while back with the result that it no longer works with Online Videos, much the same as UKs Channel 4 & 5!:( see here for further info.
    As a workaround I have set up a shortcut from MP1 with a task that opens my browser and runs a macro to automatically select the ITV website, login and play ITV1 then from there I can use the mouse to select other channels, I have also done the same for channel 4 & 5 which have not worked for years so that is some improvement.:)
    It works albeit a bit clunky and not as nicely as OV but at least I don't have to exit MP and manually use the browser.

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    it seems the broadcaster changed something a while back with the result that it no longer works with Online Videos, much the same as UKs Channel 4 & 5

That's a huge shame as that really only leaves iPlayer because the UKTV channels such as Dave haven't been implemented. But at least I can stop wasting my time trying to work out if there is something wrong with my source splitter
    RH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom