ITV Player still not working for me (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Evening all.

3 months on and I still am having problems with ITV Player, Online Videos site. I am getting the "Unable to play the video. No URL." message.

I've attached my logs in the hope that someone who understands this far better than me can spot a glaring error.

Many thanks
    RH

Attachments

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Sad to say you are not alone with the ITV problem, it seems the broadcaster changed something a while back with the result that it no longer works with Online Videos, much the same as UKs Channel 4 & 5!:( see here for further info.
    As a workaround I have set up a shortcut from MP1 with a task that opens my browser and runs a macro to automatically select the ITV website, login and play ITV1 then from there I can use the mouse to select other channels, I have also done the same for channel 4 & 5 which have not worked for years so that is some improvement.:)
    It works albeit a bit clunky and not as nicely as OV but at least I don't have to exit MP and manually use the browser.

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    it seems the broadcaster changed something a while back with the result that it no longer works with Online Videos, much the same as UKs Channel 4 & 5
    That's a huge shame as that really only leaves iPlayer because the UKTV channels such as Dave haven't been implemented. But at least I can stop wasting my time trying to work out if there is something wrong with my source splitter
    RH

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads
    OP Title Forum Replies Date
    R [solved] No Signal issue after loosing ITV HD Watch / Listen Media 6
    S External player in MP2 and see videos made with my cam? General 8
    C Music player: stop during playback, and later restart from that spot MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    da3dsoul MP2 Plugin - Getting Started (Directory Tree and Player) Plugin Development 27
    M.Hulot MP plays in Internal Blu-ray-Player-mode always first audio stream not the one I chosen in settings General Support 1
    M.Hulot After Update 1.25 internal blu-ray-player doesn't work General Support 8
    M.Hulot Interner Blu-ray-Player spielt nach Update auf 1.25 keine Discs mehr ab Allgemeines Supportforum 2
    rainbowforest [solved] Kein Player registriert Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    F Show Player info while skipping Feature Requests 0
    T Wish list for TV Player WMC Skin 20
    T TV Player Controls WMC Skin 0
    Icaro Close MP when the external player is started General Support 13
    T Integrated Blu-ray player General 1
    B xml file for perfect player Newcomers Forum 1
    L [solved] MP2 doesnt play anything - player missing? General 1
    G [fixed] [MP2-786] Party Music Player can only play playlists with less than 1000 items 2.2 Archive 7
    ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
    N Music player help Listen Music 4
    el Filou Is Windows Media Player still needed on Windows 10 ? MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    Icaro [solved] JRiver as external player Codecs, External Players 31
    T MP 2.1.3 Audio Player General 5
    H MP2.2 Netflix kein Player registriert OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 11
    M "There is no player registered to play media item......" General 10
    II-IRON [solved] MP2 - 2.2 - Es ist kein Player für die Wiedergabe des Medien-Object 'stream 3.0' registriert Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 16
    ratata Non present codecs is still showing... MediaPortal 1 Talk 2