Jerkiness HD wiht Fusion HDTV (1 Viewer)

adagio

Portal Pro
April 5, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
New user here. Purchased a Fusion HDTV 7 PCI card. Trying to get it to work with a Gateway 420GR. 3 ghz Pentium, SATA, NVida FX5200, 1 gig memory. I was having issues with Fusion software and I REALLY like what I see here with Mediaportal! BUT, when I try to watch HD with MediaProtal, it herks and jerks as it is playing. I am using cable connection so signal is strong. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to get this to work smoothly? Would a second SATA drive cure it? Seems like I should have enough juice to run this.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a solution, only two "Workarounds". First is to try native TVE35 with MP2, i did not have any continuity errors or hickups with that constellation. Second would be to change the cam, I tried RTL HD with a Deltacam...
The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a...
Hi MediaPortal Support Team, I've a problem that really drives me crazy because I've no explanation for this phenomenon. Since a...
Replies
Views
In December 2017 I acquired a Palit GeForce GTX 1080 DUAL OC for €529 on Alternate.de. It seems it has a similar board layout and I was able to apply the same modifications. However it would probably greatly benefit from an after market heat-sink. Palit did again a good job at providing a minimalist product which can be easily...
In December 2017 I acquired a Palit GeForce GTX 1080 DUAL OC for €529 on Alternate.de. It seems it has a similar board layout and I...
Here is a review of Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Dual. After getting myself a 4K TV I thought I'll try and get a GPU that does 4K too...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I've been spending a LOT of time the past few days reading up on how to setup hardware to allow watching live TV on various devices and had a few questions. My requirements are as follows: .... I just want to be able to stream some OTA HD channels to the following devices; Roku 3, iPad, Android phone, a few boxes running...
Hi there, I've been spending a LOT of time the past few days reading up on how to setup hardware to allow watching live TV on...
Hi there, I've been spending a LOT of time the past few days reading up on how to setup hardware to allow watching live TV on...
Replies
Views
WOW, its been a couple years since i stated this thread. I think a Windows 10 update started causing problems. I've reinstalled Windows, updated all drivers and firmware, pulled out the HVR-1800 to test with Linux, and bought an WimTV HD Quad, and switch to all OTA. I'm trying to look at other optimizations and options before I get...
WOW, its been a couple years since i stated this thread. I think a Windows 10 update started causing problems. I've reinstalled...
So, I'm currently running a Windows XP MediaCenter, and I've been wanting to build an upgraded system that supported HD broadcasts...
Replies
Views
OK so I'll try having both the Timeshift and Recording folders on the HDD. Does anyone have any comment on whether an i5-4440 will be sufficient for video transcoding? I know that my Celeron G1610 isn't quite good enough for the transcoding options in MPExtended, so I'm hoping that having an extra two cores and a higher clock speed...
OK so I'll try having both the Timeshift and Recording folders on the HDD. Does anyone have any comment on whether an i5-4440 will...
I currently have two PCs in my home entertainment setup: Home Digital Assistant Intel Celeron G1610 (Ivy Bridge @ 2.6 GHz) 60 GB...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom