Join files on import (1 Viewer)

FluXulF

October 7, 2008
Is is possible to join movies in several parts automatically on import? I.e. without selecting several files on the "Movie Importer" tab and pressing "Join Selected Files"!? Also as it is now you have to select the individual parts in the right order, i.e. the last part first, before joining files otherwise the last part might become the first and you have to change the number of the parts manually afterwards on the "Movie Manager" tab :(

If it's not already implemented it would definitely be a great future feature :) I currently end the filenames for my multipart movies like this: "... [2-3].avi" if it's e.g. the second part of three, or if it's a single part movie like this: "... [1-1].mkv". Maybe some kind of filter can be set up for this and other typical organizational filenames like e.g. "... CD1.avi" etc.?

I know the "My Movies" scan feature manages to do this automatically, but it lacks some other features like IMDb query of language and multiple genres which "Moving Pictures" does excellently ;) On the other hand I can't see the language info in the GUI itself :eek: Also I can't find any option to sort by actor, genre, (language), (director), year etc. as you can in the "My Movies" GUI... I've tried pressing F9 but all I can see is the option to change between different view modes: list, thumbnails etc.

Sorry if this has already been suggested or is in development but I looked a bit around in the forum here as well as the Issues in the Google Code "group" and couldn't find it ... it can be a bit "daunting" to get an overview when joining a new community and checking things out for the first time ;)

Also could anyone suggest the best 4:3 skin for use with the default BlueTwo skin (not BlueTwo wide!)? I use a 5:4 LCD (1280*1024). I can get "Moving Pictures" to display all the movie info on my screen if I use the BlueTwo wide but then everything is squashed :(

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah, various formats are already supported for multi-part naming. It is kind of a delicate balance though, if we make it too general we will get false positives. I think we have covered all the formats used by "scene releases", but I think unfortunately we will never have everything covered when it comes to custom naming... I will look at possibly adding the naming convention you described though.

As for data displayed on the GUI, that is all up to the skin designer. I think we will be spending less and less time going forward on the default skin as well, as several skins are now starting to officially support Moving Pictures.

As for a good 4x3 Skin, I'm sorry I have not played around with too many. There are a few threads floating around here though, you might want take a peek there.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is is possible to join movies in several parts automatically on import? I.e. without selecting several files on the "Movie Importer" tab and pressing "Join Selected Files"!? Also as it is now you have to select the individual parts in the right order, i.e. the last part first, before joining files otherwise the last part might become the first and you have to change the number of the parts manually afterwards on the "Movie Manager" tab :( If it's not already implemented it would definitely be a great future feature :)

Multi-part movie import is already supported if the naming convention is in order. Manual joining of movies will be made easier in future release. There are a couple of issues we need to address, it needs usability improvements and some bugfixes.

I currently end the filenames for my multipart movies like this: "... [2-3].avi" if it's e.g. the second part of three, or if it's a single part movie like this: "... [1-1].mkv". Maybe some kind of filter can be set up for this and other typical organizational filenames like e.g. "... CD1.avi" etc.?

The [#-#] naming convention is currently unsupported but it will be supported in the next release (i just fixed it) Most other typical organizational filenaming conventions are already supported. Maybe we will create a user definable setting that will enable you to hint at even more conventions/patterns (to some extend) in the future.

Also I can't find any option to sort by actor, genre, (language), (director), year etc. as you can in the "My Movies" GUI... I've tried pressing F9 but all I can see is the option to change between different view modes: list, thumbnails etc. Sorry if this has already been suggested or is in development but I looked a bit around in the forum here as well as the Issues in the Google Code "group" and couldn't find it ... it can be a bit "daunting" to get an overview when joining a new community and checking things out for the first time ;)

Sorting isn't properly implemented yet but is already on the issue list

FluXulF

October 7, 2008
    Great!

That is great news and a very fast response :eek: I haven't been around this forum since the day I posted this and I'm very surprised and happy to see that you've not only taken the time to respond (and even implement "my" way) but also so fast :)

Thanks for the great work and keep it up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom