Jukebox limited to one or more folders (1 Viewer)

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
samuel337 said:
There is no current folder. What if you get out of the playlist screen and into another folder? Then where does it shuffle from? If it shuffles from the folder that was active when the button was pressed, how do you indicate to the user which folder that is so they know even if they change the current folder?

Well, a point I didn´t think about. Could be solved maybe with showing a message "shuffeling folder xyz" anywhere?

But as MrMario wrote, the playlists could do that job and I´ll play around with them. I never used them until now, so I didn´t know what´s possible with them. But that´s what a forum is about: getting ideas. ;)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    samuel337 said:
    Yeh, but then you would need another button (e.g. change filter) - you could make that a toggle button to indicate whether its on or off. AFAIK, there's no room available on the playlist screen on mce.

Sam

The dialog could pop up when party shuffle button is pressed. No need for an extra button. Only drawback is, that you allways have two actions (party shuffle button and confirm dialog) to enter partyshuffle mode, whereas now you have only one button press, when you want to play from all of your music collection.

tomtom

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    tomtom21000 said:
    samuel337 said:
    Yeh, but then you would need another button (e.g. change filter) - you could make that a toggle button to indicate whether its on or off. AFAIK, there's no room available on the playlist screen on mce.

Sam

The dialog could pop up when party shuffle button is pressed. No need for an extra button. Only drawback is, that you allways have two actions (party shuffle button and confirm dialog) to enter partyshuffle mode, whereas now you have only one button press, when you want to play from all of your music collection.

tomtom

Nice thinking...I think that will work. Maybe we'll keep to current functionality, but when Party shuffle is on, and you press the party shuffle button, a dialog pops up allowing you to filter or turn off party shuffle.

I'll have a look at this next month when I get back. Meanwhile, if anyone has anymore ideas - post them here!

Sam

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Just an idea, but wouldn't it be possible to add an extra entry to the context menu called something like "Party shuffle this folder" which would restrict partyshuffle to just the folder where the context menu was opened on.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mr.Mitchell said:
    Just an idea, but wouldn't it be possible to add an extra entry to the context menu called something like "Party shuffle this folder" which would restrict partyshuffle to just the folder where the context menu was opened on.

'add an entry' to which context menu? I don't see a context menu in the my music screens... I would rather not add a party shuffle button on all the my music screens. Using this method, you would need a label on the playlist screen to indicate which folder is being shuffled at the moment - and this brings me back to the space issue.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom