Jumpto Plugin Extends Skinning Options (1 Viewer)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
I have created a proof of concept plugin that extends a skinners abilaties to use buttons. The file can be downloaded on the patches page of the sourceforge project page here.

It allows you to use buttons to jump to specific windows such as My Music and My Video.

This can be very usefull for touch screen users. I am going to develop my touch screen skin for my in car install of MediaPortal.

mediaportal_skin.png

This can also be used in conjunction with the topbarhome.xml to create a custom home screen that does not use a scrolling menu but instead uses any sort of button or graphic based menu you can imagine.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    jadz,
    i followed the link and downloaded the dll file; have you done any documentation yet? the skin you posted above is very nice, looking forward to being able to custmoize skins using the jumpto plugin.

jadz

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2004
    Canada
    The only documentation there is in this initial proof of concept plugin is as follows

Action => Jumpto Screen
    "9999" My Music
    "9998" My Photos
    "9997" My Videos

So if you put a button with an action of 9999 it will take you to My Music.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Why not use the <hyperlink> tag?

This can be used for buttoncontrols. Just add <hyperlink>0</hyperlink> and the number between the tags should be the id of the screen you want to jump to. In this example (from Metal topbar.xml) it will jump to the home screen.

BTW: Goodlooking skin

jadz

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2004
    Canada
    Honestly, I really didn't know that it was possible to do this, and it would have made things much easier for me from the start .....

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Yeah, we could use some docs on this stuff. I only knew cause I had the same problem with the Home button in Metal and Frodo or MrMario told me this could be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom